Accueil » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
Diary : October

Diary : October

Shamika Posted on 1 oct. 2026 #1
Shamika
SUPPORTER
Posts: 1070
Joined: 4 févr. 2012
The Diary continues as before on a Monthly basis. Originally I was thinking it could also be used by bloggers but now Dick has created a lovely blog area I won't be expecting anything similar here.
The Diary can just be a place for 'news' and the 'views' can migrate to the blog feature once it gets going.
Shamika Posted on 1 oct. 2026 #2
Shamika
SUPPORTER
Posts: 1070
Joined: 4 févr. 2012
It's interesting to watch how social media content has changed and spread in just a few years. I remember when Blogs were a new thing (1990s), then along came Vlogs (2000s), and now it seems that the place is full of Podcasts. I never got further than a Blog but it wasn't that popular. I came to the conclusion that people prefer to listen than to read. I've also noticed the number of so called "Influemcers" has grown - people actually give that title as a job description now.

It would be nice to get feedback in this thread when anyone Blogs (or Vlogs) For example - If you were/are a Blogger, Vlogger ot Podcaster why not tell us about your experiences, maybe leave a link. Also do you regularly listen to (or read) any of these things.
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
TeeGee Posted on 2 oct. 2026 #3
TeeGee
SUPPORTER
Posts: 2276
Joined: 27 sept. 2014
Man I am going to show my age here: I look up a lot of YouTube videos for technical stuff, related to cars and bikes. Man, I just wish people would stop talking so much and get on with it. Get to the point. People love to hear their own voice.

Same with instruction videos. I prefer reading, it is so much faster to read, plus you can scroll down quickly and avoid parts that are not interesting. With Videos, it's annoying as you can't see what you are skipping.

A podcast of half an hour with a person talking at normal speed it would have 4-5000 words. Written down, a fast reader can read it in 10-15 minutes, if skipping some uninteresting parts, maybe 10 minutes?

The only time I enjoy podcasts is when I am running or driving, then it's a perfect way to use the time.
+3
Shamika Posted on 3 oct. 2026 #4
Shamika
SUPPORTER
Posts: 1070
Joined: 4 févr. 2012
UPDATE - Now Dick has created a lovely blog feature, I won't be expecting any similar content here.
The Diary can just be a place for 'News'
-----------------------------------------------
Your 'views' and extended or special interest posts can migrate to the blog feature once it gets going. Thanks to Dick for his interest and for taking a 'pie in the sky' idea and creating something real.
https://www.wikiloops.com/blogs
+1
TeeGee Posted on 7 oct. 2026 #5
TeeGee
SUPPORTER
Posts: 2276
Joined: 27 sept. 2014
Well I've gone done and did it, and officially asked my employer if there is a chance of reducing my weekly working hours so I can stay Fridays at home. If that is approved it would be a double Woohoo-Woohoo whoop-whoop moment :).

I look forward to spending more time at home :)
+3
rootshell Posted on 7 oct. 2026 #6
rootshell
SUPPORTER
Posts: 626
Joined: 4 juil. 2020
TeeGee wrote:
Well I've gone done and did it, and officially asked my employer if there is a chance of reducing my weekly working hours so I can stay Fridays at home. If that is approved it would be a double Woohoo-Woohoo whoop-whoop moment :).

I look forward to spending more time at home :)


That's awesome TeeGee :W:W Hopefully they are good with that and you get some extra time at home.

I'm hoping to retire next year, maybe find something part time...remote work if possible. I like being home with my dogs :)
+3
TeeGee Posted on 7 oct. 2026 #7
TeeGee
SUPPORTER
Posts: 2276
Joined: 27 sept. 2014
Yes the next stepp is probably retirement in 2 - 4 years time, I am looking into that. The problem is, they cut some of your pension if you don't work until the age of 67, and at the moment the state of payments in Germany is poor, plus I forsee inflation coming, too. So not much will be left. Quite worriying.
+3
Shamika Posted on 9 oct. 2026 #8
Shamika
SUPPORTER
Posts: 1070
Joined: 4 févr. 2012
Friday October 9th - On the shout today (and most days actually) there was mention of "biscuits" So I thought I'd write a lyric about biscuits. I always search in case it's been done already, nothing much beside "Biscuits and gravy" What :o - sounds awful. However the search threw up a forum thread from Aug 24 about 'cookies and cravings' and not surprisingly it was one I had started.
The funny thing was that our TeeGee replied that he was getting old and fat so he would eat less biscuits ha-ha.... to quote "So I don't eat a lot of sweet stuff nowadays" how's that going Tee ?
It's so interesting looking back and seeing how attitudes and habits change over time... even a short time <3
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Electric Guitar
159 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
les jam sessions en ligne wikiloops sont rendues possibles grâce au support amical de:
user profile image
Wikiloops has not only improved my bassplaying, but I have also made new friends around the world! For example I visited Wade in NZ last year.
haddock

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées.