Home » Forum » Developers blog »
Happy holidays

Happy holidays

[youtube]lY4lRNhLokQ[/youtube]

Hey there, friends of wikiloops :)

Yes, that's my big nose right there for you in above video -
and I hope my little greetings are finding you in a good & pre-festive spirit.

I must admit I have once more spent way too much time thinking about what to write in this years end-of-the-year greetings,
and as this is 2023 ending, I have even considered getting some AI support to generate a smoother blog post than the one you are reading right now.
But no, somehow that just didn't feel right, so I went the opposite direction and filmed my real nose for you for a change :)

Let me add some thoughts in writing.

It seems to me as if things are changing fast out there, be it economically, politically, or in the digital realms.
And somewhere in this wobbly mess, here is wikiloops continuing to offer creative collaborations and intercultural exchange.
That has been the focus of this project for a long time, and we enjoy the privilege to be able to stick to that, simply we do not need to please any investors but operate on funds raised from our members.

If you are in some way observing how fast the internet is changing (think of the rise and, well, *cough* of twitter just as one example, or what is happening with the amount of ads on YouTube), you may anticipate why I find it a bit miraculous a place like wikiloops still exists,
and I do feel a great appreciation for those who support this project.

We have been collaboratively put in a lot of effort in 2023, and I hope all of you share the feeling that it has been rewarding to be a part of wikiloops.

Not sure if chatGPT would have found better words for what I am trying to express -
gratitude is the word I guess :)

Wishing you all a great time on and off wikiloops, and looking forward to what we'll be up to in 2024 :)

yours

Richard
Marceys
Hey Richard, your message is very right! There is a lot of polarization in the world….but it is great to see that the WL community doesn’t show anything like that, in fact it is getting people closer to each other in a good way!

Thanks a lot for making this happening for all of us here on the loops! Still enjoying it a lot after all these years!

Have some funky good days with your family!
+11
MySounds
Richard and everybody reading this. Thank you for a great year on Wikiloops. All of you helped in getting me fired up to make music again and in doing so gave me a much needed safe space to be myself. As Richard mentioned, what we do here and how we interact has become rare in changing times. To me WL is like a Christmas present each and every day.
Hope everyone has a great Christmas and get to spend with the people you wantcand need around you. <3
+10
TEE-KWA
Thankyou Richard, The Same To You And Your Family. In My Eyes Your The Coolest Bloke On The Planet, What You've Created Here Is Truly Miraculous,Bringing Together Like Minded People From All Corners Of This World With One Common Goal.....To Create Music Together and In Doing So Make A More Pleasant World To Be Part Of.
You Have My Gratitude Richard...Many Thanks.
+9
rootshell
great to see you Dick. gives me an idea for a holidays video thread in the forum actually :) happy holidays dick and happy holidays Wikiloopers! <3 +8
Ernie440
It IS really cool! Thanks Dick and Happy Holidaze! May this continue for more decades :D :) +8
TeeGee
Wikiloops is a Christmas present all year long 😀. Thanks Richard, all the best buddy +8
adu
Hey Richard, we wish you and your family all the best. Have a nice Christmas time and all the best for the New Year ! The same to the community. ;) +8
flavien13
it's an honor to be part of something that isn't so complicated, and many thanks and good wishes to everyone out there, and special kudos to you, richard, for keeping it real. :) +8
cmdr_chill
A Merry Christmas and prosperous 2024 to the host & members of the collaborative oasis that is wililoops. +7
Richfender
Richard, Thanks for being the host of this supergreat platform and thanks for your kind words. Wikiloops is indeed everything you said, to find inspiation , being creative, together with so much kind people. It is an example for so many other platforms where not everyboidy is so kind, and where it seems to be difficult to just debate or talk about some things that are going on in this world.
Glad to be part of this creative platform and hope to be more actively creative this coming year.
Merry Christmas and a great peaceful new year, everybody!
+7
Posted on

Founder of
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
so happy about ... thank you wikiloops & all those fantatstic musicians here
AKchen from Germany

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées.