Home » Forum » Musicians forum »
What is your MUSICAL Intellectual Coefficient?

What is your MUSICAL Intellectual Coefficient?

posted on #1
fblack
Membre
I found this test following a youtuber called Shauntrack.
[youtube]Rrv-qTAyd-o[/youtube]

https://www.themusiclab.org/quizzes/miq
+4
posted on #2
kimbo
Membre
..that was fun!
+1
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
pber
Membre
he who works with his hands and his heart plays funky
posted on #4
TeeGee Supporter
I refuse to take intelligence tests of any kind, I rather stay blissfully unaware of my mental deficiencies rather than be shown scientifically that I am somewhere between idiot and average. The Not-knowing-Method works for me :--
+4
posted on #5
Mickey Supporter
I would ask my brain what it can do, but I'm alone Lol:D
+1
posted on #6
Krillo
Membre
Interesting test! The melodic discrimination test screwed me up the most :D Did better on the pitch than on beats. I'm a drummer lol
posted on #7
Lutz
Administrateur
I did it for fun and curiosity. It seems realistic to me - was a little disappointed :|
I believe the average point 100 is the average of music making people and not whole population of course. B)
+1
posted on #8
Wade Supporter
113...what does that mean? What's average? Who are the group that made up the average? Kind of fun except not getting as many of the rhythms right...bummer!
+2
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
Krillo
Membre
That long beeeeeep to test rythms tho.. who would use a click like that? :o
+1
posted on #10
Lutz
Administrateur
Wade wrote:
113...what does that mean? What's average? Who are the group that made up the average? Kind of fun except not getting as many of the rhythms right...bummer!

Hi Wade! If 113 is your number you are much better than me...B)
That is statistics. In all participants the number 100 means 50% were better than you and 50% were worse. So with 113 maybe you are better than 74% of all (estimated). Then overall one gets that typical bell curve, because most people are somewhere in the middle. If your number is 145 you are Stan Getz or so.
+1
posted on #11
Wade Supporter
Ha! I wish that the test had something to do with ability. Seems that it has little or noting to do with music knowledge or ability, but more recognition of melodies, accuracy of hearing rhythms and accuracy of hearing in tune. Lots of great players played out of tune most of the time, for example Coltrane.

The test says nothing about your ability to create a melody, your physical coordination that allows you to play well or fast, control of breath or embouchure, ability to recognize chords, harmonies, specific rhythms or even the vibe/feel of a piece of music. It's an academic quiz that someone will use to write a paper in trying to coordinate those other questions about age, experience, music schooling, etc.

I don't think anyone should consider this test as something that reflects on your ability as a musician.
+2
posted on #12
Lutz
Administrateur
Wade wrote:
Lots of great players played out of tune most of the time, for example Coltrane.

Haha, Thank you for pointing this out, Wade :D - I still thought that intonation is my challenge and a weak point.
I do aspire to having a better time feel, intonation, memory, chord recognition and such technical capacities - but you are right: musicality or musicianship is still much more than that!
+2
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
posted on #13
ARNOSOLO
Membre
nice test . 118 QI for me ;-)
Melodic Discrimination: 149
Mistuning Perception: 121
Beat Alignment: 83

I'm not a good drummer ! lol
+2
posted on #14
jamlady Supporter
very interesting test. But i share the opinion from Wade. I did it for fun and i was curious. Here my result.

Mistuning Perception: 129
Beat: 123
Melodic: 102
posted on #15
ROBJOL Supporter
I cannot do this test... Not enough intelligence... :(
posted on #16
ROBJOL Supporter
I just passed the test:

-Musicak IQ: 112
-Mistuning perception: 106
-Beat alignment: 128
-Melodic discrimination: 103
+1
posted on #17
byrath
Membre
-Musicak IQ: 116
-Mistuning perception: 122
-Beat alignment: 122
-Melodic discrimination: 105

Seems about right, I have trouble remembering melodies but feel pretty solid on the others. I wonder if I've gotten better at 'mistuning perception' since playing a fretless instrument or if it's mostly just natural aptitude. Likewise did I get better at beat perception from endless hours playing along with 80s thrash albums. B)
posted on #18
hartmut Supporter
My beat alignment "Takt-Treue" is under-average but I compensate with lots, loud and fast!
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
Condenser Clip Microphone for Ovid System
49 €
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
......yeah.. What they all said! And ps. it's great! Thanks!
kimbo

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées.