The Loop Magazine {WIP}
Page 2 de 2: 12
SUPPORTER
Posts: 1064
Joined: 4 févr. 2012
Thanks Dick, your response was very positive and useful, But you're right, let's not put the cart before the horse. My idea was vague and slightly fanciful. I thought there was a need for more interaction in a general way rather than on specific topics in Forum threads.
I'm leaning towards "easy" and "internal" maybe expanding to a separate domain in the future as a way to promote wikiloops
If the 'jamzine' idea was favoured, content could be divided among interested members in a collaborative group with each taking a feature that suits them best. This is where my head starts to explode because of my technical naivety :o
I should mention The wikiloops Diary. That was conceived as a mini blog on a personal level but the content and style has changed and broadened so it calls for interaction sometimes. Your own News Blog is always welcomed and widely read but it's essentially a round up of site activity and plans. Something similar but more general might work.
I'll say no more now, I need to re-read your post and also wait for any further feedback on the ideas. Sham :}
I'm leaning towards "easy" and "internal" maybe expanding to a separate domain in the future as a way to promote wikiloops
If the 'jamzine' idea was favoured, content could be divided among interested members in a collaborative group with each taking a feature that suits them best. This is where my head starts to explode because of my technical naivety :o
I should mention The wikiloops Diary. That was conceived as a mini blog on a personal level but the content and style has changed and broadened so it calls for interaction sometimes. Your own News Blog is always welcomed and widely read but it's essentially a round up of site activity and plans. Something similar but more general might work.
I'll say no more now, I need to re-read your post and also wait for any further feedback on the ideas. Sham :}
Membre
Posts: 624
Joined: 4 juil. 2020
Dick wrote:
Assume writing a blog post would be a feature of wikiloops, maybe with an entry point on your profile. Anyone could use that feature and write a blog post on whatever they have on their mind, with a central "new blog posts" list somewhere.
Why could that be a nice thing?
Assume writing a blog post would be a feature of wikiloops, maybe with an entry point on your profile. Anyone could use that feature and write a blog post on whatever they have on their mind, with a central "new blog posts" list somewhere.
Why could that be a nice thing?
Dick, this is a great idea and feature. I like it because it's starting off small, which allows for it to mature into possibly something else. A "New Blog Posts" page would be cool and if it could, it would collate all blog posts into one spot or page, maybe with some sorting ability (newest first, must likes/thumbs, etc).
New blog posts by members you already follow, would show in the normal WL timeline/news. I also I think a sort of "All Blogs" page would be beneficial as well, to collate (display) people's contributions, with sorting. Maybe the use of 'tags' could be used too, or some other way to narrow or filter down posts. Let's say Shamika does a "Weekly Update" blog post, amongst other blog posts she does. But maybe I'm really interested in just reading the Weekly Update posts, the ability to filter that and see just those posts would be nice.
It all sounds very exciting. But to play devil's advocate, I'd hate for you (Dick) to invest a lot of time into something that maybe 1-5 members are going to actually use.
Just thoughts on this Monday morning :) Cheers!
+2
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Cabinet for Electric Guitar
169 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there.
Visit Shop
SUPPORTER
Posts: 1064
Joined: 4 févr. 2012
rootshell wrote:
Dick, this is a great idea and feature. I like it because it's starting off small, which allows for it to mature into possibly something else. A "New Blog Posts" page would be cool and if it could, it would collate all blog posts into one spot or page, maybe with some sorting ability (newest first, must likes/thumbs, etc).
New blog posts by members you already follow, would show in the normal WL timeline/news. I also I think a sort of "All Blogs" page would be beneficial as well, to collate (display) people's contributions, with sorting. Maybe the use of 'tags' could be used too, or some other way to narrow or filter down posts. Let's say Shamika does a "Weekly Update" blog post, amongst other blog posts she does. But maybe I'm really interested in just reading the Weekly Update posts, the ability to filter that and see just those posts would be nice.
It all sounds very exciting. But to play devil's advocate, I'd hate for you (Dick) to invest a lot of time into something that maybe 1-5 members are going to actually use.
Just thoughts on this Monday morning :) Cheers!
Dick wrote:
Assume writing a blog post would be a feature of wikiloops, maybe with an entry point on your profile. Anyone could use that feature and write a blog post on whatever they have on their mind, with a central "new blog posts" list somewhere.
Why could that be a nice thing?
Assume writing a blog post would be a feature of wikiloops, maybe with an entry point on your profile. Anyone could use that feature and write a blog post on whatever they have on their mind, with a central "new blog posts" list somewhere.
Why could that be a nice thing?
Dick, this is a great idea and feature. I like it because it's starting off small, which allows for it to mature into possibly something else. A "New Blog Posts" page would be cool and if it could, it would collate all blog posts into one spot or page, maybe with some sorting ability (newest first, must likes/thumbs, etc).
New blog posts by members you already follow, would show in the normal WL timeline/news. I also I think a sort of "All Blogs" page would be beneficial as well, to collate (display) people's contributions, with sorting. Maybe the use of 'tags' could be used too, or some other way to narrow or filter down posts. Let's say Shamika does a "Weekly Update" blog post, amongst other blog posts she does. But maybe I'm really interested in just reading the Weekly Update posts, the ability to filter that and see just those posts would be nice.
It all sounds very exciting. But to play devil's advocate, I'd hate for you (Dick) to invest a lot of time into something that maybe 1-5 members are going to actually use.
Just thoughts on this Monday morning :) Cheers!
I wish I could give more that one 'thumb' Nick because I believe you (via Dick) make a lot of sense. I also don't want to burden Dick with more work but I promise if any form af wikiloops jamzine, blog or loopy thing happens I will do whatever people want from me.... I just need a little direction ;)
+2
SUPPORTER
Posts: 1064
Joined: 4 févr. 2012
rootshell wrote:
It all sounds very exciting. But to play devil's advocate, I'd hate for you (Dick) to invest a lot of time into something that maybe 1-5 members are going to actually use.
Just thoughts on this Monday morning :) Cheers!
It all sounds very exciting. But to play devil's advocate, I'd hate for you (Dick) to invest a lot of time into something that maybe 1-5 members are going to actually use.
Just thoughts on this Monday morning :) Cheers!
rootshell said something (at the end) that I'm now thinking myself. Maybe there won't be enough interest in this idea. There's Nick and me, there's blunation and Elisabeth, probably TeeGee and Wolfgang or Hartmut and a couple of others. I think people will read what we say but won't be up to blogging themselves. I'm just concluding this after lack of posts in formum threads generally including this one.
I don't want this to turn into a vanity exercise for the 'chosen few' :D But I could be wrong :)
+2
Membre
Posts: 624
Joined: 4 juil. 2020
Shamika wrote:
rootshell said something (at the end) that I'm now thinking myself. Maybe there won't be enough interest in this idea. There's Nick and me, there's blunation and Elisabeth, probably TeeGee and Wolfgang or Hartmut and a couple of others. I think people will read what we say but won't be up to blogging themselves. I'm just concluding this after lack of posts in formum threads generally including this one.
I don't want this to turn into a vanity exercise for the 'chosen few' :D But I could be wrong :)
rootshell wrote:
It all sounds very exciting. But to play devil's advocate, I'd hate for you (Dick) to invest a lot of time into something that maybe 1-5 members are going to actually use.
Just thoughts on this Monday morning :) Cheers!
It all sounds very exciting. But to play devil's advocate, I'd hate for you (Dick) to invest a lot of time into something that maybe 1-5 members are going to actually use.
Just thoughts on this Monday morning :) Cheers!
rootshell said something (at the end) that I'm now thinking myself. Maybe there won't be enough interest in this idea. There's Nick and me, there's blunation and Elisabeth, probably TeeGee and Wolfgang or Hartmut and a couple of others. I think people will read what we say but won't be up to blogging themselves. I'm just concluding this after lack of posts in formum threads generally including this one.
I don't want this to turn into a vanity exercise for the 'chosen few' :D But I could be wrong :)
Again, just my 2 cents, I see value in it, even if only a few people actually provided content. It's like free PR, it also allows for another side of creativity as well, while at the same time, promoting wikiloops. I think if the blog posts are interesting enough, people will read them. At the very least they may get indexed on Google and even help drive more musicians to the site. Aside from the work to be done to add a feature like that, there seems to be value in it overall. Dick already has a blog section for himself, so it would appear, on the surface, the capability is already there :)
+4
SUPPORTER
Posts: 413
Joined: 19 mars 2022
I like the idea. I think I suggested something similar to Dick a couple of years ago when we were discussion some sort of mentoring for new members and the idea of a newsletter came up.
+2
SUPPORTER
Posts: 1064
Joined: 4 févr. 2012
On waking this morning and in light of some useful and encouraging feedback, I feel like the idea should be tried in a very simple way just to test the water.
I'd like to dedicate a Forum thread to the Jamzine/scene. I can try out a few ideas and review the interest and popularity of each.
OK, I realize it will be a 'hotchpotch' (however that translates) :D but isn't that how life is, we pick and mix our activities, duties, leisure and entertainment all the time.
It can be a thread without structure, no time restraints like the Diary or Question thread. Then if it grows into something that appeals it could move on to be a separate entity under the wikiloops umbrella.
Just want to say that we have some wonderful people on this site who also make great music and lots of sense <3
I'd like to dedicate a Forum thread to the Jamzine/scene. I can try out a few ideas and review the interest and popularity of each.
OK, I realize it will be a 'hotchpotch' (however that translates) :D but isn't that how life is, we pick and mix our activities, duties, leisure and entertainment all the time.
It can be a thread without structure, no time restraints like the Diary or Question thread. Then if it grows into something that appeals it could move on to be a separate entity under the wikiloops umbrella.
Just want to say that we have some wonderful people on this site who also make great music and lots of sense <3
+4
SUPPORTER
Posts: 2268
Joined: 27 sept. 2014
Whatever form it will take, I promise to contribute whenever I can.
+2
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there.
Visit Shop
SUPPORTER
Posts: 279
Joined: 1 janv. 2017
would make sense to me to upload my musical but mostly non-musical food bicycle scenery grocery cooking photographs to an blog roll at Wikiloops, instead of my personal gallery. I have a vivid Brussels sprouts fan community. Even the home-growers are here (I mean the sprouts).
+1
Page 2 de 2: 12
les jam sessions en ligne wikiloops sont rendues possibles grâce
au support amical de:
Just a few words about wikiloops..."It's Fun"!
laffingduc