Home » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions »
Post wiki tracks on other sites

Post wiki tracks on other sites

posted on #1
petebass
Membre
Hi
is there a rule concerning posting tracks we've done here,to other sites -soundcloud etc' with permission from any wiki musicians playing on the track.
I'm talking about purely non comercial postings, seems would be a good way of promoting this super site.
My thanks to Dick and all involved for creating and running this great community
cheers.
posted on #2
Dick Supporter
hey pete,
the "rule" applying here is the wikiloops public license, which allows you to use tracks for your private enjoyment, and asks you to state the participants and a link to wikiloops whereever you do.

Tho you may perceive your soundcloud and other network activities as "private joy", such activities are not "private" in the sense of the license, since commercial entities as the thrid-party plattforms can hardly be considered as within your privacy scope.

Any of those services will ask for certain rights in order to be able to handle your contributions, which you are not allowed to grant without seeking explicit consent from the the other involved participants on WL - that's the legal reality, since you asked for the "rule".

Besides that, there is a common practise in place which does differ from the strict rule a bit.
Many people have created additional video content to go along with their WL tracks or felt the need to upload them elsewhere -
as long as there is a working link to the original wikiloops session and wikiloops and the participants are stated, everybody seemed to be fine so far.
Again, this is not a rule, this is what I'd call "best practise".

Hope this covers your concern :)
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
petebass
Membre
Hi Dick
thanks for the speedy answer,all that legal stuff hurts my head-ha!, so I'l give it a miss and stick to to here, thanks again.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Wikiloops is my practice, my inspiration and, most importantly, lends a friendly ear for all abilities to improve through collaboration. Thank you!
mpointon from Spain

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées.