Home » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions »
Android app version 1.1 feedback

Android app version 1.1 feedback

posted on #1
Dick Supporter
To those of you who have dared to [url=http://www.wikiloops.com/droidapp.php]install the freshly crafted android app[/url] for wikiloops - please give some feedback on your user experience and problems you have run into here :)

I know there is still a lot of things to be improved, but I must say I'm quite happy to use it myself so far.
Anyways, dont be shi, er shy with feedback, I'll do my best to improve as we go :)
posted on #2
OliVBee Supporter
prob : if i hit play from the player the track never stops playing even if i switch page and there's no way to stop it hehe ;)

looks very promising so far
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Electric Guitar
159 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
adu Supporter
Funktioniert bisher sehr gut und stabil!
Looks promising so far! :)
posted on #4
Dick Supporter
hey!
just launched version 1.2, fixed the orientation switch issue oli mentioned...

to update a previous installation, download the new version with the link offered on the apps home page,
and start the update by clicking on the file after download is finished...
posted on #5
jmrukkers
Administrateur
Great stuff Dick, works great
posted on #6
TeeGee Supporter
Dick, private band gives a error message.

But generally working great. Now I am even more occupied with wikiloops :D

One feature that I would like to have is the option to tell it to search for news every 2, 3, 4 hours, once a day, something like that instead of all the time.

Cheers, TG
posted on #7
Dick Supporter
Hey TG,
I do agree, some kind of intervalled notification seems more appropriate... I do like the instant-message notification... we'll have to offer adjustments, so each can set his own needs.

I did fix the band segment bug you noticed, I had accidently posted some half-baked band page improvement.
Took the time to finish that properly today, so you'll find your desktop-version Bandpages with some new features as well (available on the english domain only, so far).
posted on #8
TeeGee Supporter
Cooooool Dick, the private band chat and other mods are really nice!!!!
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
jmrukkers
Administrateur
When I navigate into the app, and then back out using the back button, all the way when the app is forced to exit there is an error message saying that the app Wikiloops has stopped working.
posted on #10
TeeGee Supporter
Dick, when I try to play a track from the private band nothing happens.
posted on #11
jmrukkers
Administrateur
My phone (Samsung s6) complains that the app is using excessive amounts of power and suggests it should be removed.
posted on #12
Dick Supporter
@TG - the band player should work now, thanks again for the feedback!

@jm - I will do my best to figure out what causes that alert... judging by my samsungs battery consumption, I can't really verify that it is consuming more power since I am running the wiki app, still, that's worth investigating :)

hurzel suggested to save downloaded files into a "wikiloops" folder on the device, I'll see if that's possible as well.

Out of the blue: as you may have noticed, track upload is not supported by the app so far - is anyone out there actually recording on some android device and in need of the feature? I'm aware people record on iPads these days, how bout android pad users?
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
posted on #13
mpointon Supporter
In my experience, Dick, notifications are often the biggest battery killer. You used to have to construct your own notifications in Android but I think it's now built-in. It might be worth trying to lower their priority.

http://developer.android.com/design/patterns/notifications.html

Sorry if I'm already telling you what you already know!
posted on #14
jmrukkers
Administrateur
Regarding track upload capabilities, I actually tried using a USB- On-The-Go setup on my Samsung S6, but never got it to work reliably, and most of the apps I tried were also not very stable, so I dropped that idea for now. It would be cool to know if people actually got this to work, but based on my own experience it just does not work in a usable fashion, so if my experience is anything to go by, upload is probably not such an essential feature for the app since you would not really be able to record in decent quality.
posted on #15
TeeGee Supporter
A little thing I noticed this morning, when trying to read older messages on the shout box it keeps jumping back to the front, and I could not see a method of checking out the archive. Or did I miss that somehow?
posted on #16
Basster
Membre
I am using the app for a few weeks now and i think it is an awesome tool to check out wikiloops.
One thing i noticed is - when a message is incomming on my phone wikiloops stops and i have to restart it.
posted on #17
TeeGee Supporter
I have a problem since today, I can't log on anymore. It opens up the login page, but when I tick on the Username box, nothing happens - usually the keyboard would pop up... strange...anybody else has this problem??
+1
posted on #18
Dick Supporter
tried to do a quick patch before heading to work this morning...let me know if that fixed the issue please ;)
Looks as if the android fellows have squeezed in some new changes across the years, I've been trying to work around those in the past few days to keep the app alive.
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
posted on #19
TeeGee Supporter
OK, I uninstalled the old version, downloaded the app from the link on the first post, reinstalled it. Then I opened it, I got to a page where I could choose new account or log in. I went to the log in, where I could put in my username and password, but once I pressed the login button it jumped to the "ready to jam? log in!" page, and this is where I can't get the keyboard to pop up to enter my details...

I just wonder if this is something only happening to my phone (it's 4 years old Samsung Android and never been wiped clean, so maybe it's starting to play up?)
posted on #20
Zapfool
Membre
TeeGee wrote:
I have a problem since today, I can't log on anymore. It opens up the login page, but when I tick on the Username box, nothing happens - usually the keyboard would pop up... strange...anybody else has this problem??

Hi Dick,
I have excatly the same issue since two days. I tried to uninstall/reinstall the app but not fixed. I thought that it was link to a conflict with my swiftkey keyboard as the keyboard layout appears for half a second and then close but it seems that it's with all section of the menu. I even plugged a physical keyboard on my phone but it did not helped.

Feel free to contact me for any further information (if you need a more detailed bug report)

KR,
Sacha
+1
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
When I first seen this site I just could not believe the things you could do with other musicians, gone from strength to strength and its all dong to everyone as great musicians, long may it continue.
tron12 from Ireland

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées.