Accueil » Forum » Recording and mixing »
Equalising the high hat so it sounds less loud

Equalising the high hat so it sounds less loud

TeeGee Posted on 23 oct. 2015 #1
TeeGee
SUPPORTER
Posts: 2276
Joined: 27 sept. 2014
Guys,

I am mixing a song and I was told to reduce the volume of the high hat. But I only got a track with all the drums together. Would it be possible to do it just by fiddling the equaliser on the track? I am using qbase 8...

Any suggestions welcome, take into consideration that I am just starting to use qbase and that thing scares me ;)

Thanks, TG
DannyK Posted on 23 oct. 2015 #2
DannyK
Membre
Posts: 213
Joined: 7 mars 2014
Try a "de-esser." Cubase most certainly has one. It might have a preset for hihats. It's a fairly common problem.
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
les jam sessions en ligne wikiloops sont rendues possibles grâce au support amical de:
user profile image
A friendly and welcoming place, it gives me the chance to be creative and have so much fun with an amazingly talented community. Thanks!
Shi

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées.