Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
Please support my piano teacher !

Please support my piano teacher !

posted on #1
P-Tar
Membre
Hi,

I hope this is ok with the forum rules, otherwise Dick, please remove my post.
Here is a link to [url=https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/blue-whisper-a-new-album-by-amina-figarova]my piano teacher's fundraiser[/url] for her new and upcoming cd. If you are a keyboard player, the 1hr Skype lesson is a great value.

P@T
posted on #2
mic1011
Membre
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
P-Tar
Membre
Well I support wikiloops too.
posted on #4
mic1011
Membre
posted on #5
Dick Supporter
This is the "open mic" forum, so anyone not posting spam is welcome to introduce us to things like this. P asked in a friendly way, so theres no need to argue about anything here.

If she was the one who taught you how to play P, she deserves support by anyone who has enjoyed your music - I did ;)

I have been doing crowdfunding for CD releases myself before, its a tough game in many aspects.
If anyone thinks crowd-funding was an easy way to collect cash and 10k was asked a lot to produce a CD, go and give it a try yourself sometimes :)
If it wasn't for crowd support, a lot of great non-pop artists would not survive in our days. Anyone interested in listening to other stuff than what they play on the radio today should start to be aware of that IMO.
just my .2 cents
posted on #6
Neronick
Membre
I guess, a musician who plays for free and publishes music worldwide for 12 or 18 thumbs can not expect seriously that other musicians can earn money with their music.
:)
posted on #7
P-Tar
Membre
Anyone who thinks this was spam, please feel free to blacklist me.
Frankly, my post wasn't so much about raising money (she has released 12 albums already, with glowing reviews - she'll get this one done, regardless of the crowdfunding results). I just thought I would share with wikiloops the opportunity to take Skype classes with a world-class musician. Now that I live in New York City I have direct access to enough music education to keep me busy for a lifetime, but I remember when it wasn't always the case, and I was trying to learn on my own.

By the way, if anyone is interested in bass lessons on Skype with an international level player, just PM me.
posted on #8
Dick Supporter
I can tell a difference between a berkley graduate with a 11-album discography, a pro studio and a six-professionals band to feed and someone recording mp3 at home in their free time.

If you feel there is no difference, the above statement may truly be your opinion.

I just wanted to make sure anyone stumbling on this is re-assured there are some people around on wikiloops who know the difference, and who are not offended by requests for support.

The wikiloops blue iguana forum is a place where anyone is allowed to make a fool out of himself within certain boundries. Some actually do.

edit: posted before seeing P-tars reply, I am referring to neronicks post
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Electric Guitar
159 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
mic1011
Membre
:o
posted on #10
Rickplayer
Membre
I'll see what I could do to help
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
A great site to improve my piano backing skills. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to become a better player. Nice work Wikiloops!
AndRooM from Australia

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées.