Home » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions »
Can Not reply to private messages sent to me

Can Not reply to private messages sent to me

posted on #1
Itocpogo Supporter
The message reply function not working, was working 24 hours ago but now when I click send the screen goes pale blue and nothing happens.

Itocpogo
posted on #2
Dick Supporter
strange, i have been using the messaging system all day and didnt run into any bug (didnt change it, either).
Going to send you another message - please hit F5 on your next visit to make sure you dont have some old stuff cached...
or are we talking about the mobile interface here? I'd need to know about that, please, also your browser, if possible :)
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
Condenser Clip Microphone for Ovid System
49 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
Itocpogo Supporter
I clicked F5 but sill can not reply to any message I received. When I click send, I get the following URL
http://www.wikiloops.com/messages.php?folder=inbox&msg_send=299&msg_id=76262

When I sign in and click 'messages" I get only recent messages instead of the "InBox" like I used to. The only way I can get the "InBok" is to click on the link from the Wikiloops E-Mail that I received a private message

Thanks fro your help
posted on #4
Itocpogo Supporter
Dick,
I have the problem on the "big messages" page. To me this is when in the In Box I click on message sent to me and then a new page comes up addressed to this person (Hurzel). Then I write my reply, hit send and just get a dark gray color on my reply and nothing happens. Hurzel had same problem and he sent me several messages to check. He told me to delete a newline. I assumed he meant the URL I sent you in my last forum message but that did not work.

Thanks
posted on #5
Dick Supporter
oh shizzle.
OK, you just spotted a bug...
it is like this:
the messaging system has been renewed, and the page where you see "the latest messages" as you put it is the new messages interface.
The messages are grouped by member, so if you see "only" hurzels last mail in the overview, you can access the whole history of messages to and from hurzel by clicking on that last one (you will see all on the next page, ordered with the last one at the bottom).

what you have been having problems with is the OLD messages interface, which indeed does not work any longer. I do believe the notification email had been checked, will have a look again, tho...
the new (and working) page is "message.php", the old was "messages.php" - if you find yourself on the later in any other view that when writing a new message to someone you never wrote to before, please return to the new interface!

I'll check the notifications link once again right away...

best
Dick
posted on #6
Dick Supporter
...just noticed - the mail notification link was still wrong on the german domain, sorry about the confusion and thanks for letting me know!
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Thank you for allowing musicians across the continent the chance to connect!
shaneelks from United States

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées.