Sound problems

posted on #1
KapitanH
Membre
Hey there,

I often have distorted sound, when playing a jam session.
It might be a problem since I installed Windows 8 on my computer.

Does anybody else have this problem?

Kind regards
Kai
posted on #2
Dick Supporter
please check if the same file sounds distorted when downloading and playing it back in a normal audio player, or if this problem only occurs when being played back in your browser...
you could check diffrent browsers, too, Modzilla still uses the flash player, chrome and IE have been changed to html5 player some time ago
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
KapitanH
Membre
It is my computer, not the file itself, because on my netbook, running Windows 7, everything works fine. I use the same browser there.
I guess it's really Windows 8 making problems somehow. Maybe just in conjunction with Chrome. I guess I really have to try another browser, and see how it works.
posted on #4
KapitanH
Membre
Seems to be a Chrome specific problem...
posted on #5
Dick Supporter
I'll check that... but there is not much I can do about that... is it that way on other sites, too? dont take soundcloud, they have another type of player, look for a site also using the built in html5 player of chrome... man, that would suck if that wont work...
posted on #6
nilton
Membre
One quick reflection: The default volume in the sessions is quite high. I always have to lower it, there could be some levels that are wrong somewherre
posted on #7
Dick Supporter
I think the default value is 100% in the player... guess one could change that, but isnt that a question of how load you have your soundcard settings? p.e., youtubes on-site-sound starts at 100% as well, so...
posted on #8
Tenche
Administrateur
I use Chrome and get these random pops and clicks on any track every few seconds. Seems like a chrome specific issue. I do agree with nilton though, the volume is super loud starting off on 50% on my machine.
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
KapitanH
Membre
@Tenche: do you use Windows 8? Because I just have the problem on my Windows 8 computer. Windows 7 is fine.

@Dick: So far I have not had this problem on other sites. But I tell you as soon as I have tested a little more.
posted on #10
Dopelope1
Membre
Hey dudes. I've also had that distorted sound while playing jams in Chrome. I'll switch to Mozilla in the meantime.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Gracias a todos por ayudarme a ser mejor músico =) Thanks you all for helping me to be a better muscician
ladybass from Spain

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées.