Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
I am now friends with a Rock and Roll Hall of Famer!

I am now friends with a Rock and Roll Hall of Famer!

posted on #1
Ernie440 Supporter
LittleWing wrote:
Congratulations to Jim Peterik and The Ides of March!

[img]https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F1.bp.blogspot.com%2F-w1_DrIfT224%2FUq3s9oa-l6I%2FAAAAAAAADyY%2FstQ7YkUKA6k%2Fs640%2Fthe%2Bides%2Bof%2Bmarch.jpg&f=1&nofb=1[/img]

Jim formed The Idea of March in 1968 and wrote the greatest love song ever, "Vehicle." He saw a girl, wrote the song FOR HER, went out and made it a #1 across the country then went up to her and said "Hey Im Jim Peterik and I wrote the song you are listening to for you!" Theyve been married ever since. How cool is that!

Jim also wrote "Eye of the Tiger" for Survivor.

HE AND THE IDES ARE GOING TO THE ROCK HALL OF FAME!

I lived in Darien , Illinois and lived on the same street as Jim and his wife .It has been awhile but I have barbequed many times with him, even drunkenly threw him into a swimming pool. We are Facebook buddies and alsways leave birthday and holiday wishes. Ive watched him rehearse with these guys before. It was about 4 months ago we last talked online.

Jim has promoted and supported local Chicago music and still is out there with his now purple hair getting new bands promoted and heard.He is a staple of the Chicago music scene.

WOOHOO! Jim deserves this! 50+ years and STILL kicking ass! Congratulations IDES!

...and YES , Jim has visited Wikiloops and listened.

[youtube]8wUPGZq--BE[/youtube]

Cool Joe, that's such a great tune too! Chicago loves horns I guess. Here's your Russian buddies doing a decent cover of Vehicle.

[youtube]fX8g_JEJol8[/youtube]
+1
posted on #2
LittleWing Supporter
Yes We DO love our horns! Nothing like standing next to a smoking hot brass section on a magical night!
Thanks!
+1
Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
I love this place!! its all about the music&supporting eachother nothing else!! :)
frenzie from Netherlands

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées.