Home »Forum»Recording and mixing»Content/copyright question

Content/copyright question

posted on #1
User Avatar Membre
Are there issues with using voice clips from a movies or movies as part of a song? I have a fun idea but don't want to cause any trouble hahaha
posted on #2
Administrateur
Hi Safe2breat, and thanks for asking :)

And yes, that would be a problem, because first there's a copyright on about everything in movies, and violation of these rights will be punished as you can read in almost each movies' outros and trailers.

Second, before uploading here there's always that checkbox where you'll have to acknowledge that everything you upload here was in fact made by you, and that no one else has any copyright on it.

More of this is explained in the knowledge base:

https://www.wikiloops.com/knowledge/index.php

So please refrain from doing so.

Thanks for your understanding,
Wolfgang
posted on #3
User Avatar Membre
Yea I read through all of that... Just wanted to be clear on using small quotes . like an 8 word clip ...I'm still gonna do it hahaha... Just not gonna upload it here haha
posted on #4
User Avatar Membre
Also what if the audio clip or quote is recoded . Then altered, then used? No difference?
posted on #5
Administrateur
Hi - just to make clear - nothing that is not your original creation can be uploaded. Period. This is not because we are totalitarian, it's simply to protect Wikiloops from trouble due to copyright claims. We just can't deal with that. OK?

I understand that it is cool to use all sorts of media in creations, but for that other platforms are more suitable. If you are using any backing tracks from Wikiloops make sure you ask permission from the creators of these tracks. Thanks :)
posted on #6
User Avatar Membre
No worries... I completely understand. Thanks for the quick responses
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
carlottis

"Para mi significa, la revelacion de que puedo "hablar" con musicos de todo el mundo en este idioma que todos conocemos LA MUSICA!!! "

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées .