Home »Forum»Open mic at the Blue Iguana »Is he a virtuoso or not??

Is he a virtuoso or not??

posted on #1
Administrateur
Wow <W

This guy has mastered his equipment like a boss! It is not a traditional musical instrument but I would consider him a virtuoso musician.

[youtube]DG5_gQZJPRg[/youtube]
posted on #2
User Avatar Supporter
Brilliant. Looks like my first pocket calculator, but all that could do was write "boobies" upside down.
"All music is folk music. I aint never heard no horse sing a song".
Louis Armstrong
posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
well it's an electronic instrument and he has rhythm and good timing ...
posted on #4
User Avatar Membre
Mmmmmmmmm I dunno. Clearly amazing dexterity and skill but it seems more like being a great video gamer than a great musician. But then I'm a musical dinosaur, so what do I know? :)
posted on #5
User Avatar Membre
Well..there are those that pull loops and put them together. But IMHO if you can pull up a sound(Midi) then play what you hear in your head...with THAT sound.. it will help you develop different melodies. Of course purists will Poo Poo these things. I like em. Helps you get new ideas as long as you are pursuing those ideas.B) and one can also create the music one enjoys without having to wait for a "potential" musician that may never come along.
posted on #6
Administrateur
no matter the instrument used ! if you can play with musical toys do it with a passion and the music will always be rewarding :)
clusters Clusters CLUSTERS !!!!!!
posted on #7
Administrateur
mdn wrote:
Mmmmmmmmm I dunno. Clearly amazing dexterity and skill but it seems more like being a great video gamer than a great musician. But then I'm a musical dinosaur, so what do I know? :)

I guess I would classify him as a percussionist combined with a DJ. His rhythmic sense is very good and his hand speed and accuracy are impressive.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
cschlote from Germany

"WikiLoops is the perfect place to exercise your instruments and share the results with the other musicians. It may even really help to turn yourself into a more experienced musician over time."

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées .