Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
Sharing Original Tracks on Other Sites

Sharing Original Tracks on Other Sites

posted on #1
Bluzcaster
Membre
Hi Wiki-Looperz, I recently joined another website that helps musicians find one another (and share music) locally. (Reverbnation.com) and I need to know if it is permitted to share my tracks from here on their site.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks.
posted on #2
LittleWing Supporter
In general -
There usually is no issue as long as all musicians get proper credit on the other website and it’s of course respectful to ask before doing it as you would want someone else to be concerning your work.

Show musicians on here the same courtesy and acknowledgement for their work that you would want please.
+2
Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
Bluzcaster
Membre
Thanks Little Wing. I'll certainly give credit to all others.
+1
posted on #4
ARNOSOLO
Membre
I'm looking at this site out of curiosity and the first song I listen to is actually a song I shared here on Wikiloops ... It's weird, isn't it? : | Especially since it is for sale on this other site ....
posted on #5
TeeGee Supporter
There is a good explenation about hwat is acceptable and what is not here, have a read ;)

https://www.wikiloops.com/knowledge/use_of_tracks_outside_wikiloops.php
+1
posted on #6
Bluzcaster
Membre
Thanks TeeGee. I think I'm good to go. Thanks for the link. That's the information that I was looking for.

I will only share only as a means to meet other local musicians and to show my intetest and abilities.
posted on #7
MikeB Supporter
I am interested in this sort of thing. I have gone as far as acquiring a domain with some intent to have a collaboration/streaming site built. Basically, storing each track of a mix on a server, so that re-mixes can go back generations. for starters, a fun site for musicians to upload/collab with. for hindsight: a stream generating audio web app for donations/subscribers. there's some text up at https://muselib.org .
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
A friendly and welcoming place, it gives me the chance to be creative and have so much fun with an amazingly talented community. Thanks!
Shi

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées.