Home » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions »
A bug in older tracks

A bug in older tracks

posted on #1
Wade Supporter
Was just trying to access an older track I played on and found that it wouldn't play, and neither would a around 20 others from the same time. The period is from mid December 2016 through late February 2017. Before and after that period seem to be OK, but I certainly haven't checked much further outside of that time.

However, I did check the same period for frankyguitar's tracks and Ivax. Theirs won't play either from that same time period. Only those tow others have been checked, and it would seem that this is possible for everyone who was around at that time.

Is it fixable?

Thanks,

Wade
posted on #2
TeeGee Supporter
Post a track number or two, I'll try it here to see if it is also not playing on my computer, just to be sure :)
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
Wade Supporter
Seems to be every track (around 20 for me) that were posted between mid December 2016 and late February 2017. As an example your tracks 95095, 95849,96218, 96582, etc. It seems that it's everybody's during that time period...including yours.
posted on #4
TeeGee Supporter
I just tried them, they all play fine just now... have you got access to a different computer or phone?
posted on #5
TeeGee Supporter
PS just tried it on my mobile, works too.
posted on #6
Wade Supporter
Thanks Tee Gee. I don't have access to another computer right now, but did try without signing in to see if that made a difference...it didn't.

I'm an old fart so don't have a usable smart phone. Will try when another computer is available to see if that can work.

Cheers.
posted on #7
Wade Supporter
Wife just got off her computer so gave that a try. I did not sign in but went to those tracks and they still wouldn't play. I can't figure out what's happening as we don't even have similar computers. I'm on a mac and using Mozilla, she's on a PC and using Google Chrome. Help!
posted on #8
Dick Supporter
Sounds like this might be a geolocation issue or a problem with our australia based server, i'll look into that later today.
+2
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Cabinet for Electric Guitar
169 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
TeeGee Supporter
Dick wrote:
Sounds like this might be a geolocation issue or a problem with our australia based server, i'll look into that later today.

Geolocation ....yep they are all the way to the side of the world map...need stronger signal.... ;)
+1
posted on #10
Wade Supporter
Thanks you two. Hopefully the problem can be found. Strange that it affects all the tracks from a three month period. Everything else seems fine. I guess another check could be to ask others from NZ or Australia area to check tracks from that period?
posted on #11
Wade Supporter
Any progress? Today I had someone thumb an older track from the vanished period. No idea what it sounded like, so couldn't honestly know what they appreciated.

It is a bit distressing to have several months worth of tracks that won't play. Is this fixable? Will it happen again and maybe swallow everything?

It's OK to say we don't know and it's possible that everything becomes unplayable. That way I can make an effort to back everything up while that's possible.

Some help please.
posted on #12
Wade Supporter
Very sorry to report that a much newer track (not one of mine) that I was trying to play has become garbled. Track #193046, which I had previously heard, commented on and thumbed is very scrambled.
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
posted on #13
Dick Supporter
After doing some closer looking and listening to some of the tracks hosted on the australian server (including your #94819 from 2017 and the "recent" #193046 you mentioned), it looks as if we better search this bug on your device then on the wikiloops servers:

The tracks play correctly on my device, after download and via wikiloops interface, so the files are not the problem here.

So, please do try a different browser (chrome / firefox ... whatever) and see how that behaves,
clean your browsers cache via the settings...
and mind:
Some browsers have disabled autoplay on newly opened tabs recently, if that is your preferred way of starting tracks, then you need to visit these tabs and activate the player manually nowadays, so that might be it as well.

"Scrambled" playback is most likely caused by too much load on your device, I know the effect when I have 240 tabs open durning development sessions, or on my wifes mini-netbook. Sometimes a good old reboot that kills any background processes that may have hung up does the trick, too.

If none of that helps, please provide the browser & version you are using so I can give more precise info on how to troubleshoot that.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Wonderful Idea.
LuckyHarp from Italy

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées.