HD Upload

posted on #1
iten
Membre
Hi Loopers, forgive me this question as a newbie:

When I upload a single track should it be the raw recording (in my case an ugly and dirty bass wire noise? ;-) Or should I upload the beautyfied track after the amp and compressors and other magic things chain? In the first case it is a lot of work to create a good sound, in the second case there are limitations for a possible remix.
+1
posted on #2
jmrukkers
Administrateur
Hi Iten

I guess it depends, if it is a clean bass track without any special effects best to upload it raw, and then a remixer can remix it as they want. However, if the track only works with some special processing done, I'd say it may be better to upload the processed version.

- Joe
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
iten
Membre
I record with Logic X Pro. A simple, not modified Track sounds quite OK. In the DAW. When you take a look at the recorded WAV File, it sounds awful. What happens if you load this file in ie. with audacity? Is the sound ok? I have no idea.

The second possibility is to bounce the isolated basstrack. Then the file sounds the same as in Logic. Then desicions have to be made - should the bass be more punchy, softer, more growl... For modeling the sound the mixer needs a lot of knowhow. In Logic there are at least 40,50 amps available. And hundreds of plugins.

When I create the sound I like, the mixer has more or less only the possibility to equalize, change loudness and the panorama. But possibly this is the netter solution.
posted on #4
GBD
Membre
Upload the bass track the way it is on the mix.
Most people expect it to be the same. They just want to change the volume or the panning. BTW your bass sounds good on the tracks I heard.
+2
posted on #5
TeeGee Supporter
GBD wrote:
Upload the bass track the way it is on the mix.
Most people expect it to be the same. They just want to change the volume or the panning. BTW your bass sounds good on the tracks I heard.

Yes I guess this is the most common. You could always write in the description something like that, we all love a bit of technical information:
"Track is with octave effect and some reverb, and I doubled up with reverse phase in the middle part. If someone wants the clean raw file let me know"
+2
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Wikiloops, the first place for sharing my ideas in music. Meet fantastic musicians all over the world. I'm learning every day! You will love it!!
frankyguitar from Germany

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées.