Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
Wikiloops member meeting 2020

wikiloops member meeting 2020

posted on #1
Dick Supporter
[img]https://wloops2.r.worldssl.net/ex/w10/meeting_announcement_2020-min.jpg[/img]

For the 6th time it is once more my pleasure to invite you to the
wikiloops member meeting in Germany in 2020 :)

Starting Thursday, the 20th of August and ending Sunday the 23rd of August 2020,
once again at the historic monastery in Steinfeld where we've also met and jammed in the previous years.
For those who may have missed it and would like to get some idea what the event looks and feels like, here's the link to the video documentation of a previous event once more:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_enidEomec

If you would like to join us, here is the procedure how to register and the most important bits of information for you:

How to get there:
The location is 53925 Steinfeld, Germany, about one hour drive west of Cologne.
It can be reached by public transport to either Train station "Kall" or "Urft/Steinfeld" on the train route between Cologne and Trier; the closest airport is Cologne, Duesseldorf (DUS) is also within reach.
We are providing shutteling and help getting there to our non-german visitors, so do not hesitate to contact me if you need help figuring out some trip details.

What is provided and needs to be "booked" ahead of time, and what can be done on short notice?
For those who'd like to attend the whole event, we are offering accomodation and full catering at the monasterys guesthouse including breakfast, lunch and dinner.
These services need to be reserved via wikiloops ahead of time, and we will ask for a pre-payment to make sure there will be no losses on wikiloops end in case someone can not show up and we have to pay for a reserved but empty bed.
The guesthouse offers a variety of room standards, mostly double-bedded rooms. If you have special preferrences like needing a single room, please register early, these will go quick :)
You may come and visit the event as a "day visitor" without any pre-registration of bed & food as well.
Again, we will be providing the basic PA & gear needs, and instruments shall be brought by you guys - feel free to let others know what you are bringing and if you are OK to let others use that, too, so we don't end up with 17 guitar amps ;)

What does participation cost?
The full weekend (3 nights, Thursday-Sunday) will cost 270 € per person (prices include participation fee, guesthouse & food),
the "short weekend" (Friday-Sunday) costs 180 €
and a single nights stay (Saturday-Sunday or Friday-Saturday) 90 €.
If you are not planning to stay over night, please be ready to contribute 20€ per day of attending the meeting so we can cover the cost for the music venue.

We'll be happy to figure out the deal thats suits you best, feel free to get in touch with me (Dick) by wikiloops-message if you have any special questions, would like to arrive early and stay longer than just the weekend, or need airport shutteling.

How to get started?
The whole registration procedure is based on first-come-first-served, capacity is not unlimited, so please go right ahead and enter your reservationvia this freshly coded [url=https://www.wikiloops.com/meeting_signup_2020]registration page[/url].

All the best from wikiloops headquarters & looking forward to another great live jam
Richard
+11
posted on #2
wjl Supporter
Wonderful. Thanks, founder and friend :) I'll bring my new Markbass combo amp.
+8
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Cabinet for Electric Guitar
169 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
TeeGee Supporter
Bringin my 50 W Guitar amp, finger glue and my legendary worn out blue bass pick :J
+6
posted on #4
Dick Supporter
@TeeGee: man, you better bring them magical coffee supplies as well! Can't believe you didn't mention that... scary start, bro :D
+5
posted on #5
Tofzegrit Supporter
[img]https://media0.giphy.com/media/ebcEdgAJNhpYI/giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f293440b1118edb59caaf9b17737afd25b9a5df339b&rid=giphy.gif[/img]

Let’s Goooooooo
+10
posted on #6
blubasso
Membre
I have to talk with my chief, first of all, before takink any move. When i will know that i can come, i will let you know it.

And no: my chief is not my wife, though... :D

EDIT: If i can come, i will bring my acoustic bass with me, and i will let ppl watch it...ehm...use it.
+7
posted on #7
TeeGee Supporter
Dick wrote:
@TeeGee: man, you better bring them magical coffee supplies as well! Can't believe you didn't mention that... scary start, bro :D

I did not mention it same as I did not mention my Stratocaster :D no need to worry about that ;)
+6
posted on #8
Navota Supporter
I'll be there :--:W
+8
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
adu Supporter
I will bring my 22 Watt Amp and Guitar ;) I´m looking forward as always ;)
+8
posted on #10
Zuleikha L Supporter
I'm joining in this year, just for the weekend though (because of school and stuff)...

I'll bring my french horn, my ukulele, and my Mom ;)
+9
posted on #11
blubasso
Membre
Zuleikha L wrote:
I'm joining in this year, just for the weekend though (because of school and stuff)...

Is your Mom electric or acoustic? :D
+7
posted on #12
marmotte
Membre
Ooooh yesss I'll be there and will probably bring one or two vocal cords.
Happy I am :D

Thanks again Richard ;)
+9
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
posted on #13
Zuleikha L Supporter
blubasso wrote:
Zuleikha L wrote:

Is your Mom electric or acoustic? :D

Nah, she's acoustic - you can hear her just fine without an amplifier :D
+9
posted on #14
jussef63
Membre
I will be there, my first wikiloops meeting 😁😁😁😁😁
+10
posted on #15
Kaipa
Membre
I don't want to miss this!
+5
posted on #16
Mikebanez
Membre
sorry to say I won't make it:|
+1
posted on #17
GoneUser_200920
Membre
Planning on being there this year. Got to figure out the expense of shipping 100 Trump MAGA hats. If you would like I could lead devotions in the morning.
+3
posted on #18
Dick Supporter
@Kaipa - that would be something!
@drumshticks - please do not come to a wikiloops meeting to showcase your political or religious points of view.
I may have misread your saturday night humor there, sorry if that's the case,
I'll just take your comment as an opportunity to make sure everybody is aware that we are only getting along on wikiloops (and at wikiloops meetings) because people have enough respect for each other, and enough sensitivity and cultural awareness to avoid the potentially touchy subjects such as politics or religion.
Better use the opportunity to meet interesting people from various cultural backgrounds and make some music together, that's what wikiloops is all about.
+13
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
posted on #19
OliVBee Supporter
Kaipa wrote:
I don't want to miss this!

Please make sure to bring your flute as well :D :D
+5
posted on #20
wjl Supporter
jussef63 wrote:
I will be there, my first wikiloops meeting 😁😁😁😁😁

Can't wait to finally meet you in person, my bass brother - I'm very much looking forward to that! :)
+3
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Without wikiloops I would have stayed forever silent ;o)
Uloisius from Europe

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées.