Home » Forum » Musicians forum »
Caution when using the track icon in private message.

Caution when using the track icon in private message.

posted on #1
Andri Supporter
Good morning!!!

I had a problem that I managed to solve half-heartedly.

I uploaded three tracks that a WLfriend Wade sent me playing with me.

I wrote him a message and using the WL icon that has this format

\x5Bwl]track number\x5B/wl] I added the three tracks.

Once the message was sent, it returned me to the home page and I could no longer enter messages through the envelope icon.

The only way was through user search and send message, but it was the same.

I thought the solution was to delete that last message to Wade with the three tracks and the \x5Bwl]_____\x5B/wl] and I managed to do it, sending a message but through a new window.

The delay in opening the message in a new window allowed me to delete that last message.

My friend has written to me by @ and tells me that he can't enter messages through the envelope icon.

I think the solution is to delete my last message to him and the last one to Richard support, because I gave him an example, writing [wl]track number[/wl three times and it has been blocked again.

Thank you. Cheers, Andri
posted on #2
Dick Supporter
Dear Andri,
I have investigated the issue a little,
and the problem you have been running into only seems to happen once you insert text instead of the track id number into the wikiloops embed tags.
That will create a track-not-found -> redirect to wikiloops homepage situation, which as you have found out can break someones access to pages, including this forum thread (before I edited your post) or inboxes.
I will update the wikiloops code to prevent that from happening in the future, so, thanks again for letting us know.

Side information: I you delete a message in your inbox, it is still undeleted on the other person's end. That does make sense IMO ;) .
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
Andri Supporter
Ok... You can do a test too.. Write square bracket and the same thing happens... I don't think it's because of the track number. In fact they were tracks that I had just uploaded myself playing with Wade.

I think the loop occurs when you send per message, more than one track using the icon.

Thanks anyway!
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
A fantastic site where you can share your musical ideas and developing new ones!
frankiejazz from Italy

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées.