New to me

posted on #1
GemmyF
Membre
Thought this would be a good place to share music that is NEW to me and you. Being an Old Fart and growing up through the 60s -till now I think sometimes that the state of music is horrible if the radio pops on in a car or God forbid I find myself at a mall, or a place that is pumping in music from today.

BUT really there are lots of GREAT bands that make music that is really inspiring. Here's one from this morning I heard. Has a real 60s flair to it. They are Hungarians.

BTW if you just discovered a band that is 50 years old or 60 or 80 years old share a video or something that is NEW TO YOU..

[youtube]fVeZHi9I5zE[/youtube]
+5
posted on #2
Wade Supporter
Yea, these guys are fixed on the music and not seeming to care about what's top of the pops. So good to hear a tight little band that does their own thing. Some Zappa influence in a few of the tracks.
+1
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
TeeGee Supporter
Quite enjoyed this band :W
+1
posted on #4
GemmyF
Membre
TeeGee wrote:
Quite enjoyed this band :W

They have kind of a Allman Bros band with the twin guitars --then they go off new places---that new Album of theirs is definitely worth checking out---Amazing.

Hopefully other Loopers will put up new finds even if they are 100yrs old--if the music is--- new to them.
posted on #5
GemmyF
Membre
not really need to me but really great band
[youtube]BJcC4QoZPlo[/youtube]
+1
posted on #6
GemmyF
Membre
[youtube]dZz9kPxM7h4[/youtube]
+3
posted on #7
GemmyF
Membre
This Band was out at least in 1992 --- 27yrs ago ---- reminds me of DeathCab for Cutie
BUT "They are new to me" This album is from 2000---Share Your musical finds

[youtube]RIGqUy8gzGY[/youtube]
+1
posted on #8
GemmyF
Membre
I've liked these guys for awhile--- not listening a lot but liking them ----didn't know a thing about them---thought they were from SoCal.... here's a good intro to who they are
[youtube]4QAnhFxK4GE[/youtube]
+2
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
Condenser Clip Microphone for Ovid System
49 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
Tu Supporter
I love Tame Impala...the only modern music I like!
+1
posted on #10
GemmyF
Membre
Back when I got off a 28k modem and got onto the cable modem -- was more prone to go and search around --and Apple was letting you download tracks --- and this was one of the ones I downloaded -(Along with the Shins' 1st radio ready song and let's see...ahh....Spoon.....and Stereo Lab .......
The Clean is pretty Groovy
[youtube]XSncrEj-7uc[/youtube]

[youtube]_ukyogTkqV4[/youtube]
+2
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
WikiLoops: Fantastic invention, peaceful atmosphere. No matter from which planet you are. A musical enrichment!
ericblom from Netherlands

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées.