Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
Arabic song + video project 2019

Arabic song + video project 2019

posted on #1
Dick Supporter
Hey folks,
As some of you will know, I have been part of a local Sufi community and have been engineering/recording musical events and doing some studio productions with some of the communities many musical artists.
Those who visited the 2018 wikiloops meeting in Steinfeld have met some of them, like Iskender & Abdulmalik
[img]https://wloops2.r.worldssl.net/galleries/8868/files/7ee429ba4a3ed0a1b18633243d1ac774.jpg[/img]
(photo taken at the wikiloops meeting 2018).

Abdulmalik asked me to "produce" his new video, which we have just released, and if you watch really closely, you can spot a wikiloops sticker somewhere in this video, too :)
Hope someone enjoys the watch, this is certainly a bit off-scope from the type of music we usually get to hear on the loops :)
[youtube]yG_7oEOOMEA[/youtube]

p.s.
if anyone is interested to do a remixed version - Abdulmalik allowed me to share the vocal-only track for that purpose, so hit me up by PM if you'd like to create a remix of some sort. The recording is click based, but there are a few tricky shifts/added beats in the track. I'd favor a drum&bass-like electro remix... get creative if you like.

All the best, thanks for watching and Eid Mubarak to all who are celebrating the end of Ramadhan 2019 these days.
+20
posted on #2
wjl Supporter
So beautiful - can't be improved IMHO.

Happy Eid al-Fitr,
Wolfgang
+2
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Cabinet for Electric Guitar
169 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
ARNOSOLO
Membre
Wow !!! What a magic piece of music :o<3
+2
posted on #4
TeeGee Supporter
Very cool, and beautiful singing - plus I spotted the Wikiloops sticker :) :)

Please say hello to Abdulmalik and Iskender, I really enjoyed jamming with him in Steinfeld - and the guy who was on the small drums too. Eid Mubarak to you :)
+3
posted on #5
Navota Supporter
What a wonderful sound it gave my goosebumps and I saw the wikiloops sticker:)
+2
posted on #6
OliVBee Supporter
of course the wikiloops sticker was nice but i must concede it wasnt the most beautiful thing in the video :D
+2
posted on #7
jamlady
Membre
wow, what a great Music!
+2
posted on #8
ROBJOL Supporter
Soul music. Even if I could not understand the words I felt the émotion in this song.
+2
Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
Tofzegrit Supporter
Very nice!
Of’course I remember this guy who visited us at Steinfeld.
Beautiful song and « orchestrating ».
Great vibes from the video as well.
I like this also because of the « poetry » side of this performance.
+2
posted on #10
FrankieJ Supporter
Beautiful music.
+2
posted on #11
marmotte
Membre
Nice Video, Dick, would like to know what the lyrics are about...
Skinny hug to both of you !
Cheers
+2
posted on #12
Shi Supporter
beauty ,simplicity and purity and from the heart
+2
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Electric Guitar
159 €
posted on #13
Dick Supporter
thank you all very much for your comments & interest!

@marmotte: Abdulmalik posted a translation of the lyrics as a reply to a comment requesting a translation on youtube, you can find it there.
Summed up, the song is praising the prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h.) and emphasizing on his physical & inner beauty and extraordinary kindness.

To be honest, the english translation reads quite strange and probably needs quite a lot of background knowledge of arabic & islam (arabs use "beautifull like the full moon" ("Full moon" is the titles meaning) where you & I would rather think of "beautifull as a rose", to give one example. Other parts of the lyrics are references to incidents in the prophets life or to aspects of his character which are common knowledge in muslim societies).
Maybe it is best to just listen to the song and the way it is performed to get a feeling, sometimes words meanings rather distract us from the essence, and while words can be argued about, that songs musical message doesn't call for that IMO.

Again, thanks for your curiosity to check this out.
Sadly, there is such diversity among muslim groups and some black sheep have been ruining the public notion of islam in the west, that every muslim knows those scared "you potential terrorist!" reactions today.
I'm glad you folks displayed some open mindednes, thanks a lot for that!
+6
posted on #14
jussef63
Membre
I want to participate please 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 this is music with soul
+1
posted on #15
GrooveEnth
Membre
Wonderful :-)
+1
posted on #18
TeeGee Supporter
As if anybody needs a reminder, this forum is family and children friendly, about music, respect and love of human beings of all kinds. Therefore we naturally avoid talking about politics, sexual matters and religion, as it tends to polirise opinions. I am in awe of Dick who managed to put together such a project with his vision of sharing and love, with members of all religions, sexes, and whatever groupings there are making music together, without trolling, flaming and whatever filthy else can be seen on the Internet. I enjoy this perticular part of Wikiloops the most, I wish the whole Internet and the world would be like Wikiloops...
+1
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
posted on #19
Joppers
Membre
Yes lets avoid talking about religion. Like this video does. HYPOCRITES
posted on #20
Dick Supporter
Joppers,
take a deep breath.
This video doesn't "talk about religion", it's presenting a song, which does contain the performers opinion - someting which we have learned to accept as "freedom of the arts".
Neither is there one single negative word about any religion in this video nor the discussion.
The forum rules advise not to present ones own view as the ultmate truth.
I can't see how that rule was bent or broken here.
If it offends you to notice there are people from different cultures than you are on wikiloops,
and if your reaction is to start offending others, then the multi-cultural background and call for mutual respect of the wikiloops community maybe is not for you?
+2
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
I love the supportive vibe of the musicians,all this talent! and lots of great music created on so many levels, it's really special&truly inspiring!
frenzie from Netherlands

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées.