Upload Tone and volume

Upload Tone and volume

posted on #1
Mickey Supporter
Hi Guys!
I have a question.
How is an upload handled?
Is it automatically filtered?
An upload often does not have much to do with what I did.
A live recording is flattened in my opinion totally.
Sometimes there are also comments about the volume or tone etc.
I can not say much because my recording sounds very different.
I would be very happy about an explanation, because there is certainly a meaningful reason for it.
It is important for me to be able to assess other pieces correctly.
This is not a gripe but I just want to understand, ok

Greeting your Mickey

Hallo Leute!
Ich habe mal eine Frage.
Wie wird ein upload behandelt?
Wird er automatisch gefiltert?
Ein upload hat oft nicht viel mit dem zu tun, was ich gemacht habe.
Eine lebendige Aufnahme wird meiner Meinung nach total abgeflacht.
Manchmal kommen ja auch Bemerkungen wegen der Lautstärke oder Ton usw.
Ich kann dann nicht viel sagen, denn meine Aufnahme klingt ganz anders.
Würde mich über eine Erklärung sehr freuen, da es bestimmt einen sinnvollen Grund dafür gibt.
Es ist für mich schon wichtig, um auch andere Stücke richtig einschätzen zu können.
Dies ist kein Gemecker sondern ich möchte nur verstehn, ok

Gruss Euer Mickey
+1
posted on #2
FrankieJ Supporter
For testing purpose, have you downloaded your track and then play back on same device/software you used to master it?
+2
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
Mickey Supporter
Hi Frankie J

I made the download.
He sounds good again
Who swallows my sound hehe !!

Hi Frankie J

Ich habe den download gemacht.
Der hört sich wieder gut an
Wer schluckt meinen sound hehe!!
+1
posted on #4
FrankieJ Supporter
Hi Mickey. Please post track# here so I may listen.
posted on #5
Mickey Supporter
[img]162931[/img]
posted on #6
Mickey Supporter
posted on #7
Mickey Supporter
This is my MP3

https://www.facebook.com/michael.jupe.75/videos/2388911191345970/
posted on #8
FrankieJ Supporter
The problem is probably Facebook Mickey.
Facebook re-encodes your uploaded files to a lower bit rate, seriously affecting the audio quality.
I think if you upload it to Youtube you will hear the difference.
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
Mickey Supporter
Thank`s Frankie!!!
+1
posted on #10
SupJax
Membre
Had the same experience, the final upload sounds weak at first, the standard volume from the player is not 100%, you can see when using Console/Inspector in Firefox shortcut F12 for example. Under; < class="media-box-l" -
< class="media-slider media-volume" ... aria-valuenow="0.8" aria-valuemin="0" ... style="width: 80%;" ...
You can use the search bar instead.

I remember it was like 90% before, I always wondered about how Wikiloops jams sound so different from what I actually did. Using VLC player for relistens, it's quite heavy at 100% when keeping everything else default, but the Wikiloops player does have a similar output maxing out, so I'm glad it's lower by default. Many jams sounded surprisingly good, some don't fit, so you struggle with the volumes.

Basically I go with the first mixdown, or the one that sounds most joyful, since I know Wikiloops will apparently drop the quality, but definitely change your experience while listening, the original is still there.

Remember the differences between earphones, monitors, headphones and even brands, I think the Wikiloops player does a good job overall :) Though, there's weird waveform trouble as well
+2
posted on #11
Mickey Supporter
Thank you very much Suplax

It's only a pity sometimes when the momentum is gone
but you are right that you have losses.

Vielen Dank Suplax

Ich finde es nur manchmal schade, wenn die Dynamik weg ist
aber Du hasr Recht, dass man Einbussen hat.
posted on #12
SupJax
Membre
If you having trouble, try playing with earphones. I never bothered about changes or different volume because the uploads were stable. Since I am using headphones, things gone complicated.

Wenns wirklich dicke kommt, empfehle ich tatsächlich die kleinen Ohrhörer, sogar wenn sie schon durch sind, vielleicht ein wenig fester reindrücken, dann kommt der Bass besser :) So hab ich viele Jams rein intuitiv behandelt, und die uploads waren immer sehr akkurat.

Das hat sich mit Bluetooth-Kopfhörern geändert, viele sind mir zu heftig, keine Ahnung wo die den Bass alle hernehmen, dazu kommt das Rauschen, manchmal von Vorteil, und die Lautstärke ist alles in allem unstet.

Ich benutz die Ohrstecker nicht mehr, weils Kabel einfach nicht reicht. Aber mit denen musst ich mir nie Sorgen über verfälschte Wiedergabeverhältnisse hier auf Wikiloops machen.
Cheers.
+1
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
posted on #13
Mickey Supporter
Cheers Suplax and thank`s:W
+1
posted on #14
OliVBee Supporter
SupJax wrote:
Basically I go with the first mixdown, or the one that sounds most joyful, since I know Wikiloops will apparently drop the quality, but definitely change your experience while listening, the original is still there.

I don't believe this is true ! in fact i couldn't disagree more indeed ... i think wikiloops doesn't change your upload one bit ! (except of course if you upload a wav as your mix then it HAS to be encoded to mp3)
+2
posted on #15
SupJax
Membre
OliVBee wrote:
... i think wikiloops doesn't change your upload one bit ! (except of course if you upload a wav as your mix then it HAS to be encoded to mp3)

Wasn't going to say that, just didn't have the right explanation yet. It's about a loss of quality you suppose to hear. Doesn't matter if it's still the same true sound, but, you said you think it doesn't change, does it?:)
posted on #16
OliVBee Supporter
absolutely ! what i'm saying is exactly this : uploading a mp3 to wikiloops won't change or alter your mp3 in any way ! the fact you hear a difference beside the adjusted volume might be the result of your own audio routing but if the routing is identical as when you play it from your hard drive then it should sound just the same ... from the top of my head i could easily picture a system routing audio through your interface when playing from your DAW (obviously) and possibly through a cheap internal soundcard when playing audio in other programs such as a browser.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
I think that Wikiloops is the dream that every musician had ever... to share ideas and projects, even is a form of collective learning, fusion of styles, good atmosphere among friends, always with respect...
ivax from Spain

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées.