Drum Labelling

posted on #1
mpointon Supporter
Hi Dick / Everyone,

I know this has been discussed before in whichever forum, but I've been wandering through the latest uploads and, as is often the case, I'm hitting lots of tracks that have drums on despite the filter for them being active. Whilst I realise that it's not your fault and that it's up to the uploader to indicate it, as a possible solution, would it be possible to have some kind of clear reminder that uploaders should label their tracks as having drums? I'm guessing a lot of the problem is due to new members not fully understanding the system yet.

For 'sequencer' or 'mixer' uploads, could they perhaps have a checkbox that says 'this track contains drums' rather than adding it as a specific instrument? Basically, give an easy shortcut to indicating drums? Another possibility would be to perhaps allow us users to hit a button on existing templates to say 'this track contains drums' which would help 'crowd source' refining the existing uploads? Whilst I'm sure this issue isn't unique to us drummers, it seems it is the most common issue.

I'm just thinking out loud, of course but it would certainly be a big help for us tub thumpers searching out new tunes. Plus we could help refine the search engine whilst we're at it :)

Thanks!
+2
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Hi Wikiloops, dank jullie wel voor deze ongelofelijke leuke site. Je speelt wereldwijd samen met fantastische muzikanten Heel inspirerend.
FMH from Netherlands

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées.