Home » Forum » Hey there... »
Welcome to wikiloops! Introduce yourself here!

Welcome to wikiloops! Introduce yourself here!

posted on #1
Dick Supporter
Hi everybody!
YES, it does feel strange to be the first to post in the thread, but hey, someones gotta make a start!

Let me explain one thing first:
the whole beta team behind wikiloops is living in germany, so if theres not much going on here right now, dont be surprised, we split the forums languagewise to make it easy on our international guests :-) You'll get to see enuf german in the comments, i believe.

So, back to my introduction,
I'm Dick, developer of wikiloops.com, born 1980, living close to cologne on the western border of germany. As you'll have noticed, I play electric and upright bass. My last projet before this one may be seen at www.funkhausflowsdorf.com, but thats another story!
I wish all you guys a lot of fun, if theres anything that bothers you, feel free to contact me by PM!
+5
posted on #2
joet60
Membre
Hey....I'm joe t from the states....been to your beautiful country a few times....I love it there. I'm a drummer mainly, but I also play a little guitar and keyboards too. I live in Pennsylvania, not too far from Philadelphia, but also close to New York city. I'm 50 years old and have been playing drums for about 40 years. I played in bands for a living in my early years, but had to break down and get a real job! I hope I can figure this out! Very cool idea.
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Electric Guitar
159 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
Dick Supporter
Welcome Joe, and thanx for breaking the silence!
Really great to have you with us, and especially Baer will be happy to have another Drummer around :-)
Be assured, theres a lot of people eagerly awaiting you first groove! If theres any help you need, feel free to contact me!
We did all beta testing from germany, so if you experience any probs concerning language please let me know.
Best wishes and enjoy wikiloops :-)
posted on #4
Drummer420
Membre
Whats up new user here MrSnuts recommended this to me. He says you guys could use some metal drumming here. Do people want to see metal on wikiloops.com? I might be able to put up a few recordings... but when you say loops do I play a 15 second beat or should I put up a 2 or 3 minute track?
posted on #5
Dick Supporter
limit is 5MB, thats pretty exactly 5minutes f 128k mp3 - its up to you whether you wanna loop or play thru, but dont upload 15sec-loops, the player on this site doesn't loop for ya, make a 3min track at last.
AND
YES we wanna hear some metal, mate! cool to have you around!
posted on #6
mcnach
Membre
Hi everyone from a Spaniard marooned in sunny Scotland ;)

I just found this site and had to join after having too much fun jamming along reggae loop 755...

I play bass mostly, although before I "discovered" bass I played guitar for many years, but I barely touch it these days.
I play and gig with two bands at the moment. One is Seabass Kid, an originals band playing a mix of pop/rock/reggae/ska/funk thing... we were described once as "The Coral on acid" and... it's not a bad description ;-)
The other band I play with is the Richt Hoat Chillis, a Red Hot Chili Peppers tribute band.
I have also recently joined another tribute band: Radge Against The Machine, but it's still early days and we havn't gone beyond the rehearsal room yet.
I just can't stand still and need to play. Hopefully this forum will help me use some of my band-less playing time.

Looking forward to many colaborations! :)

McNach, aka Jose.
posted on #7
Dick Supporter
Welcome MrMcNach! Really cool to have another Reggae-fan around, and I bet Rich will be veeeery proud about your comment. I think this will get him going in continuing theese!

looking forward to hear your first notes online, and feel free to PM me anytime if you need help getting started!

IMPORTANT NOTE: New users, please open new threads to introduce yourself, so it will be easier finding your introduction seperately! thank you!
posted on #8
funkeebassman
Membre
Hello i'm Rod from Scotland..a disciple to the groove.http://soundcloud.com/funkeebassman
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
Old_Mojo
Membre
Hello from wet Ohio, USA. I've been jamming here for a couple of weeks, but just discovered the forum.
My name is David (screen name "Old Mojo"). I have played bass and guitar all my life. Made a living of it for twenty or so years. I am retired now and have a very small, very simple home studio in a corner of a bedroom.
The people here are inspiring, talented and a joy to jam with. Thanks especially to Dick who hosts the place.
posted on #10
Riggitybiggitybass
Membre
Hello my name is Ryan I am from oregon i live in florida and I am moving to Ansbach,Germany here in a couple week's. I Started out playing violin around the age of 6. Played percussion in middle school and high school marching and jazz band's. While playing bass and some guitar out side of that in local rock and punk band's. Eventualy founding a band that I stayed with for almost 8 yrs. well It was time to move on and here I am lol. Here are some of those past project's to give you and idea of what I had been up to till now . Enjoy!http://www.myspace.com/paradigm
http://www.myspace.com/popstarmassacre187
http://www.myspace.com/44down
http://www.myspace.com/riggitybiggitybass :o
posted on #11
WideEyedGroove
Membre
Hey, my name is Mark I'm from Pennsylvania. I play guitar and bass. I've been playing for about 4 years now(I'm 21). My influences come from all over the place. I just love to get down and groove. Music is everything to me.
posted on #12
Pako
Membre
Dick, first let me say I am quite impressed with the functionality of the site. It seems to work out well for a global collaboration effort on jams! Nicely done. I have personally tried to do something similar in the past, but the logistics of communicating made the projects nearly impossible to complete. Wikiloops helps to bridge that gap. Nicely done indeed.

To introduce myself, my real name is Chris but everyone calls me Pako (rhymes with Taco). I learned classical upright bass and later moved on to electric bass. I have been playing the bass since 1986. My longest project was a blues band that last the better part of 10 years. A few years back I blew out a bicep tearing the tendon clean off. A surgery and 8 months later I was able to pick up the bass again, but the band had moved on. I played with various other groups as well as Sunday morning progressive church worship songs. I also ran a commercial project recording studio for about 12 years here in Montana, but this last year I finally shut it down to just personal use. The gear is outdated now, but it will serve my wiki needs just fine! :)

I sat my bass down for 2011, I didn't even take it out of the case. My efforts and extra time went into a side project developing websites and trying to build up my side business. Three days prior to this post that I am leaving now, I ran across Wikiloops while looking for some drum tracks to Jam to. What I found here was soo much more.....

With 2 young children at home, I have decided not to gig any more until they are out of the house and have dedicated weekends to my family but it has left a huge hole in my musical endeavors. Wikiloops is definitely filling that hole and need I have to play! I love my bass, but to be honest, without the rest of the band, I SUCK, and it's not all that fun just laying bass lines down without the rest of you guys.

With that said, I have been greeted with open arms "Thumbs Up" on my first Uploaded track! I look forward to more jams and hanging out.

Primary instrument is Bass. That is pretty much all I do. I will hack on a guitar, conga's, or my egg shaker on occasion, but most the time you will find me with my bass hanging around my neck.

So there you have it. Glad to be here, let's jam!
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
posted on #13
simmerdown
Membre
MONTANA!...really? i'm in Whitefish MT, cool...nice intro Pako, welcome
posted on #14
Pako
Membre
simmerdown wrote:
MONTANA!...really? i'm in Whitefish MT, cool...nice intro Pako, welcome

Whitefish? No fricken way!!!!!!!!! HAHA, nice man. I'm in Kalispell. What a trip!
posted on #15
Dick Supporter
lol, "whitefish montana" sounds very country to me, almost like ... er, idaho, lol

@Pako - thanks for the nice introduction and your feedback on the site! The musical situation you describe is similar to many other wikiloops jammers I believe, I think somethng that most of us share is the need for some music action while other responsibilities keep us from bandwork or the road. I dont think theres anything bad or wrong about that, just good we can meet here and still develop our music and have a lot of fun. Thats wikiloops in a nutshell now ;)
posted on #16
simmerdown
Membre
pretty much country...it used to be called Stumptown bc of all the stumps in the middle of main street, lol
posted on #17
monkey
Membre
Salutations.

I am just a neophyte musician with ridiculously large hands (the monkey paws) and a big amp. Pako was telling me about this site, so I thought I would check it out. As a beginner, finding tracks to jam to is a hit or miss type of deal. This site has a good deal of content and without having to go through the pain of the typical advertisements. WYSIWYG.

Outside of learning to play the 6 string guitar, I am a tech geek. From machines (I love automation) to computers and electronics, I am the guy who takes it apart to see how it works, and usually puts it back together. My mission in life for the last 10 years has been to make the windows OS do what I want it to, not what M$ thinks is best for me.

Thats the low down. I'm hoping the content here will keep me from developing bad habits, which is easy to do when you don't play with people very often. The assortment here looks to be pretty decent, which is what I hope will help mix it up a lot.

I also live in MT, where the men are men and the sheep are nervous.

later.
posted on #18
Dick Supporter
welcome monkey,

had a pretty good laugh on this one, thx for sharin ;)
Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
posted on #19
monkey
Membre
Dick wrote:
welcome monkey,

had a pretty good laugh on this one, thx for sharin ;)

I forgot to mention that it is the only state that issues velcro gloves when you move here. lol.
posted on #20
simmerdown
Membre
watsup monkey welcome and nice intro

don't give people the wrong idea about MT!!

the horses and goats are also well serviced here! no descrimination based on species
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
I love this place!! its all about the music&supporting eachother nothing else!! :)
frenzie from Netherlands

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées.