Home » Forum » Hey there... »
Success Stories?

Success Stories?

posted on #1
jmcintee
Membre
Hi - new to the community and very impressed by all that I have seen (heard) so far! Out of curiousity, has there been a project that has made it from genesis here on wikiloops into a touring scenario? The answers probably here somewhere, but haven't been able to locate it as of yet, so I thought I'd ask.

Cheers,
JM.
posted on #2
Dick Supporter
Hey JM and welcome to wikiloops :)
The problem probably is that those who went on tour are so superbusy they are not around to answer your question ;)
What you can find around the forum is proof of several get-togethers of wikiloops musicians, besides the "official" meetings in germany, I know of folks meeting in canada, the united states, new zealand, norway, spain and portugal for small jams between wikiloops people (our member Wade is the inofficial travelling wikiloops meeting, now that I come to think of it).
I also know of a couple of drummers who ended up opening their own "on demand tracks"-studio service after having jammed on wikiloops for some time - not sure if that was coincidence or a wikiloops effect, tho.
+2
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Electric Guitar
159 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
mpointon Supporter
Dick wrote:
Hey JM and welcome to wikiloops :)
The problem probably is that those who went on tour are so superbusy they are not around to answer your question ;)
What you can find around the forum is proof of several get-togethers of wikiloops musicians, besides the "official" meetings in germany, I know of folks meeting in canada, the united states, new zealand, norway, spain and portugal for small jams between wikiloops people (our member Wade is the inofficial travelling wikiloops meeting, now that I come to think of it).
I also know of a couple of drummers who ended up opening their own "on demand tracks"-studio service after having jammed on wikiloops for some time - not sure if that was coincidence or a wikiloops effect, tho.

Without the Loops, I would not have improved my recording skills to the point I now feel able to start offering the very 'on-demand' service Dick mentions. I always intended to set up what I would call an 'affordable session' service (i.e. cost-effective recordings for amateur musicians writing their albums, etc), but only now do I feel technically confident enough that I can do it. And that is thanks to contributing to and feedback from Wikiloops.
+2
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Love!!
6stringvin from Canada

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées.