Home » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions »
New Upload Notifications

New Upload Notifications

posted on #1
mpointon Supporter
Has something changed in the way tracks are followed? Is there a setting I need to check for?

I see the latest upload on the front page is from an old[ish] track I contributed to that Ernie440 has just done a new add for. (see first attached screen capture)

Is this a bug or a change in the way things work that I haven't spotted?
mpointon attached the following image:

Edited by mpointon on 11 novembre 2016 à 15:15
posted on #2
mpointon Supporter
Ernie's upload isn't showing in my news feed, despite being a track I added to and so I wouldn't have noticed Ernie's add had I not spotted it on the Wikiloops landing page. (see attached screen capture from my news feed set to 'feedback on my tracks only').
mpointon attached the following image:

Edited by mpointon on 11 novembre 2016 à 15:16
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
Dick Supporter
excellent observation, found & fixed that issue, thanks a lot :)
posted on #4
mpointon Supporter
Glad to be of help! :) :)
posted on #5
mpointon Supporter
Hello. Me again. Sorry. I decided not to start another thread and I hate to keep adding to your workload but I've found another quirk of the news feed:

When I select 'Feedback on my tracks only', it only, literally, shows feedback (likes and comments). It's no longer showing uploads to stems I've contributed to. It used to show these. Is this intentional?

I rely on this feature to make sure I've covered feedback for people who've added as these quickly disappear off my main news feed.
posted on #6
Dick Supporter
I worked on that last night - obviously, there are different ideas on what the
"feedback on my tracks" really means -
I had initially widened the concept to "feedback on my items" which also included albums, forum threads, pictures and such which I just reduced to "just feedback on tracks".
The really tricky part I tried to get worked around yesterday was that comment replys to comment replys of yours do trigger the expected news, but if you set the filter to "on my tracks only", I built in another check to make sure the comment conversation actually belonged to an item of yours (jeeez).
It would be no big deal to bring the remixes back in there, will have a look in the afternoon sometime.
Since I guess you'll read this: Could you please visit the french or german domain wth your iphone and re-check if the album stops issue did really not occur on the old version? I have some doubts after checking with my samsung yesterday...
posted on #7
mpointon Supporter
Hi Dick.

Totally understand your thinking on the feedback thing. As it's a deliberate change, I'm happy with that.

Thanks for looking into the album playback. I went to fr.wikiloops.com on my iPhone and albums/playlists do indeed progress from one track to the next whilst my phone is locked. I'll try and get some screencaps done for you shortly for the differences, if that's any help.

Martin
posted on #8
Dick Supporter
allright, thanks for testing that... oddly, neither the new nor the old version seemed to skip-on on android / chrome which i tried last night, but if theres a difference on IOs, I'll try to bring the code from the french domain back into the game :)
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Electric Guitar
159 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
It is amazing having friends from around the planet to work on music with. The most fun a muscian can have on the internet.
KMstar from United States

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées.