Home » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions »
Album with name of creator

Album with name of creator

posted on #1
TeeGee Supporter
Hi Richard,

not a very important one, but when I browse the available albums you cannot see the name of the user who created them, unless they added them to the picture like some did, or added it to the tags.

I would like to see the name on the album, does that make sense?
TeeGee attached the following image:

posted on #2
Dick Supporter
yes, that does make sense, I found myself wondering about that the other day as well...
I do like the "tiled" display on the album search page that has been added, but I shouldn't have dropped the album creators username when doing that. Good point there!
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
TeeGee Supporter
Thanks Richard. While we are at the subject, I was asked by friends of mine to let them have some songs. So it would have been great if they could have downloaded an album, but to do so would require them to register. They are not ever going to play an instrument, and probably won't do it. Is ther any way of letting them download it without registering? Thanks, TG
posted on #4
Tofzegrit Supporter
Download it for them :)
posted on #5
TeeGee Supporter
Yes Tof, and then? Send them per email?:)
posted on #6
Tofzegrit Supporter
No TG, burn the CD, print the cover, write a personal dedication and hop! A gift :)

Seriously, I think the main rule is to be registered for dowloading something from here, track or album. more "members" more chance to have support, music contribution...
posted on #7
Uloisius
Membre
Ich kann beide Seiten verstehen.
Letztendlich ist das registrieren hier bei wiki keine große Hürde um sich ein Album herunter zu laden.
Auf der anderen Seite, was bringt es den Loops wenn sich jemand ein Album downloaded um dann anschließend hier nie wieder aufzutauchen ?
Solch einen Fall kenne ich bereits aus meinem Bekanntenkreis.
Ich persönlich hätte nichts dagegen wenn Titel oder Alben frei zu downloaden wären, allerdings müsste man dann auch die Daumen-Funktion und die Möglichkeit zu kommentieren freischalten, ansonsten würde es ja keinen großen Sinn ergeben.

Translator:

I can understand both sides.
Ultimately, the register here at wiki not too difficult to get an album to download.
On the other hand, bringing it loops if someone an album downloaded to subsequently here never reappear?
Such a case I already know from my circle.
Personally, I would not mind if tracks or albums would be free to download, however, one would have the thumb-feature and the ability to comment unlock, otherwise it'd make no great sense.
posted on #8
OliVBee Supporter
the layout of the album search page is looking nice and yes probably the creator's name should show ...

as for downloading tracks or full albums being a registered member is required and this seems a fair enough option to me ... there used to be a quite lengthy discussion a while ago about different groups of members : supporting members, wikiloops members and possibly listening members ? being a listening member could also give access to downloading albums ...
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
WikiLoops is the perfect place to exercise your instruments and share the results with the other musicians. It may even really help to turn yourself into a more experienced musician over time.
cschlote from Germany

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées.