Home »Forum»Developers blog»They called their song "Fried Brain"... now watch this!

They called their song "Fried Brain"... now watch this!

Hello, friends of wikiloops!
Today you'll get to see part five of the video collaboration series, and,
well, you'll notice either way, I am a little excited about this fifth chapter of our series.
Let's recollect really quick: We've seen disco funk, straight-ahead rock, heartfelt blues and happy reggae so far - and today we'll see and hear something that started out with a drum template by WhiteDrum55 which was initially labelled as "medium funky songo"... Just watch what the collaborators added, and you'll agree the change of title to "Fried Brain" most likely relates to the effort that went into this tune.
Or, to say it with Frank Zappa: "Now this is a hard one to play!", yet so much fun to watch (in my humble, personal opinion).
Enough said, now you see for yourself:

[youtube]zUcJaz_cgMo[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUcJaz_cgMo

Now, just a little quick additional info besides the video series which has been taking the center of attention in our news lately:
Of course there are some more things worth reporting about what is going on around wikiloops, but I'll probably offer those in a separate post in a little while. The only issue that slowly seems a bit pressing is the nearing 5th wikiloops member meeting, so I felt like reminding everyone that slots are getting rare (4 beds left at this time), so, if you'd like to join us in Steinfeld, this year, please make sure to get in touch quickly! More info on the meeting is available here:
https://www.wikiloops.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=1653

Last, I'd like to share this picture uploaded by DavidAustin with you, along with one more big Thank You! for presenting wikiloops.com at this years "GuitarsOnTheBeach" festival in England, which he has been co-hosting:
[img]https://wloops2.r.worldssl.net/galleries/9316/files/490e2658d5bf06dee8340006360880d6.JPG[/img]

Wishing you and your families a relaxed and sunny summer season (or an equally relaxed winter season if you happen to be on the southern half of this globe, it's still hard to keep that in mind at all times),
and please don't forget to show some love for our video group :)

traditional stats of the day:
110,856 tracks online on wikiloops
52,820 members
2,502 active musical contributors
252 people in "supporting member" status

Commentaires

bluesdog
Great performance..an amazing array of accomplished musicians...long live the loops!+0
Offfocus
GUYS!!!What a super-wonderful video!!!
If I'd be a child, my eyes would have grown bigger than half of my face (due to the nadrek's keyboard),
If I'd be a dancer, I would have learned to fly by the drums,
If I just could be a transformer, I would let grow 12 fingers on my hands and try to cover OliV..
and if I'd be a bass player, I would just have retrained on .. something else, easier to play ..
BUT .... If I'd be a candle I would be melted smudge now .. unfortunately ... (due to the hmmm .. totally heartbreaking singer ladies ... careful guys - these ladies are REALLY heartbreaking!!)

Big big compliment to all of you guys!! This has been top!!!
+0
Gatorblue
Fantastic video---great talent all around, wonderful collaboration all around. Gator+1
jussef63
Thanks a lot to everyone who participated in the making of this video, great drum template by WhiteDrum, awesome guitar and mixing by oliv, great latin keys by Nadrek and of course the beautifull vocal work of Marmotte and Moonchild, two of the best female voices I have heard and great human beings. Bless you wikiloops and happy birthday.

Dick you did a great job putting this video project together and always being supportive to each of the bands and their own video projects, you my friend deserve a lot of credit for taking this site where it is now, I am a big fan of all the work you have done here, congratulations my dear friend
+2
Kermit
great show...amazing :-)+2
bluvation
An amazing world wide collaboration of talent, inspiring performance by everyone involved.+2
mpointon
Brilliant. So good to see Wikiloops getting some of the promotion it deserves.

And as for the video... This is, as they say in the world of Snooker, 'top draw' play. And that is what this is: top draw. Outstanding from every musician.
+3
ROBJOL
Si les marmottes chantaient comme ça chez-nous on ferait bien attention de ne pas les écraser sur nos routes...+2
TeeGee
Amazing, great work from all :W :Y+2
GBD
Definition: Outstanding
out·stand·ing
adjective
1. exceptionally good: "the team's outstanding performance"synonyms: excellent, marvelous, magnificent, superb, fine B)
+3
Posted on

Founder of

Let's stay connected:

Bookmark & share

wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
TEE-KWA from England

"Wikiloops have given me an opportunity that i would never had....A chance to sing and write with incredible talent.;)"

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées .