Home »Forum»Open mic at the Blue Iguana »Skype Lessons Free to WL paying members

Skype Lessons Free to WL paying members

posted on #1
User Avatar Supporter
Hi guys. I’m not sure if this will be of any use to anyone but seeing as we are just about to go into a 4 week lockdown here in New Zealand I thought I might offer free lessons to anyone out there who might be interested. I’m talking to mainly saxophone/flute players but I can offer a few hopefully useful suggestions on improvisation and other areas of performance etc to other instrumentalists. I’m offering this in a very humble way as I know the majority of players won’t want or need any help but just in case you might be looking for some hints or advice perhaps I might be able to help in some small way. I do teach at University level at both degree and honours and some masters. I am a professional player and teacher. I’m not asking for any money for this. I’m offering it in light of the situation worldwide with the Covid 19 virus and I believe that kindness and understanding will overcome all. For those of you that have a lot of unexpected free time this could be a great time to hunker down and really work at certain aspects of your playing/knowledge. I’m not a master of all things and I can offer only the knowledge that I’ve attained over a 45 year career of self taught playing and research. If it appeals to you in any way then do get in touch. Firstly by email to alexnyman251@gmail.com to express your interest and what you want to work on. After that we can go to Skype. This offer is only open to paying members of Wikiloops. In conclusion I wish everyone good health and a bright future once this wretched virus has been eradicated. Warm regards to all. By the way English is the preferred choice of communication although I can offer a reduced service in German to those that might require it:D Alex
posted on #2
Administrateur
Very generous of you ! thank you for being around :)
clusters Clusters CLUSTERS !!!!!!
posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
An amazingly kind offer. Hopefully there are people who will at least acknowledge how generous this is. After 60+ years of bad playing habits and now in my cantankerous years I'm afraid I'm beyond hope...but that shouldn't stop others. Kudos Alex.
You're only as old as you smell
posted on #4
Administrateur
Wow Alex, this is very generous of you, such a nice thing to offer. Gave me a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart this morning when I read it. This is what I love about Wikiloops <3
posted on #5
User Avatar Supporter
What a great offer Alex! Thanks for your generosity! Now I gotta see if I can remember my dang Skype password:P:o
posted on #6
User Avatar Supporter
Hi guys. Of course this doesn’t mean you have to Skype. Written questions can be just as useful in terms of information. Those you can email me. I’m pretty swift in responding. Officially in lockdown now for the next 4 weeks. So at home until at least end of April. Plenty of time to help if I can and if you need it😎 kind regards to all. Alex
posted on #7
User Avatar Supporter
Thanks for your offer. This is really awesome.:)
Rockin´ in a free world !
posted on #8
User Avatar Supporter
That sounds amazing.....I think I can do the same thing for my dear bass friends here if there is anything I can help I am open to it since this wonderful community has given me so much joy. Thanks, Alex for the great initiative, so in support to the community I offer myself in the same terms as Alex, just send me a WL message
posted on #9
User Avatar Supporter
That’s fabulous Jussef. Thanks for joining this.
posted on #10
User Avatar Membre
I knew you were a master... 😋
Laurent
posted on #11
User Avatar Supporter
I know some who are Laurent. The sentiment means a great deal to me I can assure you. Thank you.
Edited by AlexNyman on Mars 27 2020 01:48
posted on #12
User Avatar Supporter
Jussef, Based on your profile photo, is first lesson "Sleep with your bass...become one with your bass"?
Edited by LittleWing on Mars 27 2020 02:40
posted on #13
User Avatar Supporter
Hahahah based on that pic I guess you are right my friend 😆😆😆
posted on #14
User Avatar Supporter
If I had time I would take you up on your generous offer.
posted on #15
User Avatar Supporter
LittleWing wrote:
If I had time I would take you up on your generous offer.

Please do. Just email me. Easy. Happy to help if I can. Cheers! Alex
posted on #16
User Avatar Supporter
Cracking idea, Alex, and I'm planning to be doing similarly. I'm just getting the finishing touches to being able to live-stream my drums at a decent quality. From there, I intend to do some videos aimed at helping, in particular, wikiloopers interpret and jam to tracks. To give ideas and approaches and demonstrate how they do (or do not) work.
If you make a mistake, do it again and make it look like you meant to do it!
posted on #17
User Avatar Supporter
mpointon wrote:
Cracking idea, Alex, and I'm planning to be doing similarly. I'm just getting the finishing touches to being able to live-stream my drums at a decent quality. From there, I intend to do some videos aimed at helping, in particular, wikiloopers interpret and jam to tracks. To give ideas and approaches and demonstrate how they do (or do not) work.

Fabulous news. Spread the word and the love😃 I’ve had a few email questions and I’m happy to take more. No matter how simple or difficult. I’ve always maintained that I’ve learnt more through teaching others than through any other medium.
Great to hear that you’re going to do this👍☀️☀️☀️
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Cyphers from United States

"I've been looking for a site like this. My musician friends at Boeing don't know the recording end of music, so this is awesome!"

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées .