Home »Forum»The Covid 19 thought exchange board»Welcome to the Covid 19 thought exchange board

Welcome to the Covid 19 thought exchange board

posted on #1
Super Administrateur
Mabe you are wondering why on earth does wikiloops need a designated forum for things related to covid 19?
And why are we keen to limit exchange on this topic to this distinct forum?

First of all, there needs to be space to exchange thoughts on the current global situation, and we do appreciate the many positive an encouraging messages exchanged between the wikiloops forum users.

We all notice having access to wikiloops is something very valuable in times where one is asked to stay away from band gatherings or public events - and those stuck at home will value the opportunity to meet on wikiloops even more.
Times are rough out there, and we would like to keep wikiloops a place that is free of "scary breaking news".
The media and social media (including fake news and such) are not recomendable spaces if you are looking for peace of mind these days, and we would like wikiloops to stay away from replicating worries.

Seperating any corona-related forum posts from the rest of the wikiloops forum gives every one of us the opportunity to choose wether we really want to read about covid 19 on wikiloops.
It may seem odd to put the quarantene topic under quarantene, but if we want to make sure wikiloops in all of its creative and positive aspects doesn't become dominated by a topic which we can do little about, that might as well be a good thing to do.

Thank you for reading this,
let's keep up the encouraging spirit during these hard times
and try not to bring more fear and frustration onto each other when speaking about our covid 19 thoughts.

Richard
wikiloops founder
posted on #2
User Avatar Supporter
Excellent idea to isolate this topic! I am thrilled how quickly you reacted! I am so confronted with this topic that I have lost the overview, because for me Wikiloops is indeed a place for relaxation and recreation.
Thank you very much for your attention.
All the best to you and your family
Peter
posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
Hey Dick, yep good to quarantine Covid talk, lot of wild discussion and hype out there. My understanding is it is a form of pneumonia, so people with weak lungs should take it very seriously (includes me). Most people infected will recover, since the infections seem to be a matter of degree - some get a mild dose, others more serious. People over 60 seem more at risk of not recovering (me also). Best advice is to practise good personal hygiene (wash hands well and often), be aware of hands touching surfaces and then touching food or face, be alert to people coughing and sneezing and avoid where possible. The basic infection comes from Covid droplets on surfaces which enter the body, usually hand to mouth. So watch for this. Wipe cutlery with sanitary wipes. And best to be aware of communal door handles. I am OCD in this so I use plastic gloves at the supermarket then wipe down purchases with antiseptic wipe at home. The Jury is still out on air transmission, but my sense is better to presume is a yes. We had a big gathering here in Malaysia which proved responsible for the vast majority of infection. So avoid large gatherings in enclosed areas.

When will it pass? No consensus. The Wuhan area where it started is getting back to normal, but they employed extremely severe restrictions. USA delayed and is now way behind the curve. Same with UK. Hopeful Italy and Iran will see a turnaround. Sanitize and self isolate people! And stay positive and alert! Wiki love to all <3
posted on #4
User Avatar Supporter
Well, Italy is the European precursor: look at what happens here to anticipate what could happen to you ;)

In the last two days, finally, where the virus has hit hardest (Lombardy, Veneto and Emila-Romagna), the number of people cured is higher than those who unfortunately died.

This is good news!

In the rest of Italy, thanks to the isolation imposed by the Government, the virus appears to be under control.

And that's another good news.

So protect yourself at home and be patient (a lot of patience): time plays in our favor!

International cooperation has started and new treatments will be, waiting for the vaccine :)

And that's yet another good news.

Do not underestimate the problem, listen to the scientists and less to politicians;)

It is a matter of time and the virus will be defeated :)

Be well friends and I hope to see you all soon.

A big hug to everyone,

Mirko.
Do you wanna get funky with me?
posted on #5
User Avatar Supporter
Good to give us 2 safe havens 1 to discuss this crisis here on this thread and our beloved wikispace where troubles are out of sight for the time we spend here to rest our minds in music and the warm community thnx <3<3
Edited by frenzie on Mars 21 2020 21:43
Frenzie
posted on #6
User Avatar Supporter
I'm about 180 miles from the initial breakout point here in the US. Wife and I don't get out much so we consider ourselves low exposure...although all it takes is ONE. There have been deaths related to Corona a mile or so away from me. In review..after having my own medical issues..now every time I sneeze or cough..my worries kick in.

Music is the perfect escape, and this venue is the best thing a guy could ask for, especially if we are locked down. I am fortunate to be among some of the best people I know. Y'all be safe :)<3<3<3
posted on #7
User Avatar Supporter
On a lighter side....Is Wikiloops going to start selling toilet paper soon? :o:@:|:Y

Stay safe everyone!!
posted on #8
User Avatar Supporter
:D
Do you wanna get funky with me?
posted on #9
User Avatar Supporter
[img]https://i.imgflip.com/3rmhsd.jpg[/img]
posted on #10
User Avatar Supporter
Quite a paradox ...
Solidarity is currently defined by isolation ...
:o
posted on #11
User Avatar Supporter
In these troubled times, we are fortunate to be able to break our isolation by making music with talented musicians from around the world.

Wikiloops once again proves its importance, beyond borders, sheltered from the current turbulence of our world. A more than perfect example of the brilliant vision of its founder. Thanks Richard.
posted on #12
User Avatar Supporter
Friseurs are closed till the first of may. It will be interesting to see people's head in may... especially the wemen :o :D
posted on #13
Membre
News from the south. The Corona virus has made its way to my home state of Georgia. I am still working as a lawn care provider. My interaction most days is with plants. It is so unusual to see such little traffic around the Metro Atlanta area. Even in metro Atlanta, it is a bit of a ghost town. You can make most of the red lights. Most Travelers are on the interstate that hasn't changed much. Everybody is home and hopefully working out of their house.

We have not experienced near the level of concern as some parts of our country or globe. Our local Aldi's has been ransacked with very little left on the Shelf. It definitely looks like an apocalypse has happened. But, you know I eat too many bagels anyway.

I reminded my dad yesterday who is 94 years of age. That they went through World War II as Fighters and Victor's. That the whole world was drawn into the battle even the most remote Islands.

This is a time of War which we are in together. We will come out of this smarter and better off for the future.

I have concern from getting the virus. I am 61 and I have had a history of bronchitis and pneumonia. I don't recoil in fear but take precautions. This will not be the only virus we will fight. There will be others in the future. But, we will be ready that's a great comfort.

We had church yesterday on the internet. A pre-recorded program done last week. Yes things have changed hopefully for the short term. You've probably guessed I'm a Christian already. In this time of isolation seek out solace in the Living God. Who will take you through this battle. Praying for a speedy return to normal. He is my hope. g
Edited by GoneUser_200920 on Mars 23 2020 12:41
posted on #14
User Avatar Supporter
The great saxophonist Manu Dibango died today at the age of 86. The coronavirus is the cause of his death. It was he who invented the musical style "Makossa" and Jazz in France in 1954. He published 40 albums during his long career, and his fame was international. RIP
posted on #15
User Avatar Supporter
titi wrote:
The great saxophonist Manu Dibango died today at the age of 86. The coronavirus is the cause of his death. It was he who invented the musical style "Makossa" and Jazz in France in 1954. He published 40 albums during his long career, and his fame was international. RIP

Very sorry to hear this. For a jazz musician from that era he live a fairly long life. Many died young for obvious reasons. Hopefully there will be (at some stage) a celebration of his life and what he gave to the world.
You're only as old as you smell
posted on #16
User Avatar Supporter
[youtube]8KPbJ0-DxTc[/youtube]
posted on #17
User Avatar Supporter
currently on 3months lockdown,that post had me laughing Rob,we need more like that.THANXS i needed that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
posted on #18
User Avatar Supporter
Happy to hear from you Dave. Take care. <3
posted on #19
User Avatar Membre
Braking News Doctors of W.H.O unveil the latest in PPE never be sick again. By teaming up with world renown Research Bio Engineer Dr. Davros of Skaro they bring you the latest technology has to offer. With a fully self contained environment never ware a mask again or worry about social distancing. Comes with WiFi developed by Six Wings Communications transmit and receive Voice, Video and Text it’s like wearing your smart phone. Comes in various colors so you can maintain a sense of individuality. Don’t resist order yours today because we all know
“Resistance is Futile“
[img]https://image-cdn.parler.com/M/2/M2RyvOG1Bg.jpeg[/img]
Edited by GBD on Août 19 2020 06:59
posted on #20
User Avatar Membre
@GBD

lol welcome to the brave new world... the new freedom! Repeat after me : we are free...
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Edwardough from United States

"I support wikiloops because I once didn't have money and really wanted to have a database like this! Now that I do have a little more money, I can help!"

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées .