Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
Wikifest cornwall 2019!

wikifest cornwall 2019!

posted on #1
kimbo
Membre
hand s up anyone who fancies a mini wiki fest in Cornwall this year....just an idea at the moment...but me n oz thought we MIGHT hire a youth hostel in lands end at the end of the school holidays and put on wholesome but minimal food... plenty bread big pan of veggie curry plenty cereal and milk... coffee of course etc... lets make a list of those DEFINATLY interested.... and well see what we can come up with.
+10
posted on #2
wjl Supporter
Raising my hand here Kim, but when do school holidays in Cornwall end? Is that end of August / beginning of September (tried to look it up)? Would be too late for Zuleikha then, her new school year starts on August 12th...
+2
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Cabinet for Electric Guitar
169 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
jmrukkers
Administrateur
Definitely interested but cannot firmly commit without knowing the exact dates, great idea Kimbo.
+3
posted on #4
marmotte
Membre
[img]https://media.giphy.com/media/3eHJyY8QoLFo4/giphy.gif[/img]

:D

_
+4
posted on #5
Offfocus Supporter
Hey Kimbo,
what a nice idea!! Thanks so much!!
I also raise (slowly) my hand since it's really depending on WHEN.. and I am always a bit difficult with my calendar..
Unhappy to be so ... perhapsy :o(
But I would love to come!!
Maybe we can put it together!

Thanks again, Kimbo for taking the initiative!!
Pat
+5
posted on #6
Wade Supporter
Funny that! I was going to get hold of you and find out if you want to have some play time. Would be good if other players were around too.

Already have tickets to Oslo arriving 23 August and would be able to come around a week later, but could possibly change dates if there are seats available earlier. Doubtful that I could arrive in the UK earlier than 22 August as I have to prune our orchards and do "spring jobs" here in New Zealand before taking off.

Let me know.

Cheers,

Wade
+4
posted on #7
TeeGee Supporter
You know my dates already :)
+1
posted on #8
Fivestringer Supporter
Of course I'm interested!:D
+3
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
Condenser Clip Microphone for Ovid System
49 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
Tofzegrit Supporter
I need to swim :)
+3
posted on #10
kimbo
Membre
Ok guys...you all seem to want to know when, so......really loose POTENTIAL dates.... 6 7 8 September.
+2
posted on #11
Wade Supporter
Should be no problem for me.

Hopefully others will respond soon so that Kimbo has got some idea of numbers. Takes a lot of time and effort to organize something like this, so the rest of you need to come forward. It's not like he can plan this if everyone thinks they can just say yes a week before...in fact it may not happen at all if he doesn't get you people coming back to him soon.

So good and gracious of Kimbo to step forward. If you intend to be there, show support now!
+1
posted on #12
Mikebanez
Membre
I already offered read back post. all in detail for Florida jam. everything needed is available except food local stores 1 min away for a bbq or whatever and restaurants. just giving a shout out. if no one is interested that's fine. I do karaoke:)
+1
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
posted on #13
Wade Supporter
It's certainly true that Mike offered, but hasn't come back with dates, cost etc. Without a date and a few details it's not possible for anyone to say yes. Kimbo has given a date. That's a start.
posted on #14
Tofzegrit Supporter
I will probably be around Mediterranean Sea for vacation time with Madame :(
posted on #15
Mikebanez
Membre
For Florida jam November 1st to the 3rd http://stjohnsrivercampground.com/index.html i can give a reasonable discount on cabins , tent and RV sites
+1
posted on #16
Marceys Supporter
Oehlala....

Very tempting Kimbo!

Think it will be very hard to realize for me. I have work on friday, than a 5 hour drive to Calais, take the train (don’t know how long it takes for the train) and than from Dover to your spot another 6 hour drive. Very cool drive i suppose but for only 2 days a bit too much....

I hope you can find enough musicians to get this thing started and hope you all have a great time!

Cheers,

Marc
+2
posted on #17
wjl Supporter
Thanks Kim for giving us a date for your invitation.

I still have to check schedules with the rest of the family (my wife doesn't know about hers at all at this point), and for Zuleikha this isn't possible, sadly. So as soon as I know if I could come alone (and maybe pick someone up on my way by car/ferry), I'll let you know. Might take a bit, but I'm still interested.

In case I'll come, I'd definitely start on Thursday, and go back on Monday. Could take one person with not too much of equipment on the way from Frankfurt/Cologne/Belgium/England. Oh, and would I need to (buy and) bring a bass amp (maybe like that small Markbass we had at Steinfeld), or do you have any? What about other gear (our Corolla is a bit small for a B3 and Leslie, or a drum set) :)

If anyone would be interested to come along, see the Drive/Car/Ferry option on this map to get an idea about my route: https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Frankfurt-am-Main/Land-s-End

Thanks again, and cheers,
Wolfgang
+1
posted on #18
jmrukkers
Administrateur
Fastest option from Europe mainland, provided that you are reasonably close to an airport, is probably to fly to Exeter and then take a car from there, but Exeter is unfortunately not a budget destination, could get costly. Dates don't work for me unfortunately, so won't be able to join. If this comes together I'm sure you'll all have a great time, enjoy.
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
posted on #19
adu Supporter
Hello music friends and hello Kim.
I agree with Marc.
Wish you all the best and have much fun! :)
posted on #20
mpointon Supporter
:D I'm already down for coming to your end of the world so you know I'll be there, K! :) I am, of course, happy to bring kit in tow and recording gear if needed?
+1
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
My guitar sat in a corner. Then I discovered wikiloops and now, not one day has gone by that I haven't played it.
Psycho from United States

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées.