Sequenced/Live drums

posted on #21
OliVBee Supporter
ach !! unser Klaus :D good one kimbo !

check out this one
[youtube]lV7imjPSoUI[/youtube]
posted on #22
rp3drums Supporter
I think this debate/conversation is a microcosm of what's going on in the current music industry. I have no issue with someone programming beats ala Dr. Dre or David Guetta...some of their beats are pretty awesome and help produce some great pop songs...The issue here on the loops is 2 fold.

The issues are: (from a drummers perspective) :)

1. People are using drum tracks (samples/programming etc...) for rock/jazz/funk tracks. It doesn't sound right (to perfect) and doesn't have the depth of real playing that the music demands...

2. The use of the drum machine takes away from the spirit of the Loops... I think the best thing about this site is the ability to come together on jams and have a good time with other musicians. If you are a guitar player and put down a track and add digital drums, essentially you just cut out a group of musicians from the jam (especially if you do sequencer)...

I may have gone a bit off topic... sorry if I did.

rp3

now check this out...huge influence of mine!

[youtube]wvBRTHxsXCw[/youtube]
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #23
Funkystan
Membre
Wow... Benny Greb... I'm discovering him... Awesome Huge player...
Thanks for sharing this.

As far as a beat makes me play... The guy who's done it has some skills...
But... Back beats... Funky, jazzy ones... Just real players can give them live.

A bit kidding, but what about this kind of beat makers, do we have some on Wiki? ^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVAka_y3BC0
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVAka_y3BC0[/youtube]
posted on #24
mpointon Supporter
Which hand do I cut off first?
posted on #25
mpointon Supporter
Whilst Benny Greb is awesome (as is Klaus, by the way, my admiration for his astonishing playing is well already known) can I raise the video stakes and add this:

[youtube]X81qq6Fi3G4[/youtube]

Gavin Harrison. Up there with the very best of the best for me. Technical, yes. But, as this video proves, grooves with it. He has it all. He is the next generation after Colaiuta, Gadd, Weckl, et al. And for those of you interested, the backing track is Lawrence Cottle on bass...

And tell me the fill on the rims on the toms at 3:11 isn't to die for!

I know many know him for Porcupine Tree but he is so much more rounded than that. For me, the consummate player. He has it all.
posted on #26
rp3drums Supporter
Very sharp and precise drumming, great hands as well. I myself prefer a bit more power and thunder, but I can see why he is a big influence for you... Thanks for sharing.

Oh, and by the way I watched that Benny Greb video over and over a few years back when I was trying to develop my left hand...
posted on #27
OliVBee Supporter
Gavin Harrison is really impressive ! he has so many great elements in his drumming ! in a way he reminds me of Paul Brochu ...
this is not the right thread to post drumming videos i guess ? let's start another thread and feed everyone with fav drummers there ? oooh yeaaaah :)
posted on #28
kimbo
Membre
...you're so right oli...sorry i started it... slap my wrists, or give chines burns :/
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Hi Wikiloops, dank jullie wel voor deze ongelofelijke leuke site. Je speelt wereldwijd samen met fantastische muzikanten Heel inspirerend.
FMH from Netherlands

wikiloops.com utilise des Cookies pour vous apporter la meilleure expérience de navigation.
En apprendre plus sur notre charte des données privées.